Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 05:29 PM

Michael Gove and Sarah Vine separating and 'finalising divorce'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57699096

Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove and his journalist wife Sarah Vine have "agreed to separate", a joint spokesman for the couple has said.

The pair are "in the process of finalising their divorce", the spokesman added.

Mr Gove and Ms Vine, a columnist for the Daily Mail, have been married since 2001 and have two children.

A friend of the couple told the PA news agency they had "drifted apart" and "no-one else is involved"
That's news to me .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 05:32 PM

Re: Michael Gove and Sarah Vine separating and 'finalising divorce'

Oh there is probably somebody else. Seems to be the done thing these days...!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh there is probably somebody else. Seems to be the done thing these days...!
Could one of them, perhaps, be having a sexual identity crisis .....

That's quite common nowadays, too .....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 05:50 PM

Just googled Sarah Vine out of interest.

Apparently she went to Holland Park school in London. We used to have occasional run ins with them when I was at school, and we (including teachers) referred to the place as the zoo down the road.

Small world.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Could one of them, perhaps, be having a sexual identity crisis .....

That's quite common nowadays, too .....
spill the beans Omah
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

03-07-2021, 12:04 PM

The real reason for the breakup may be banal:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ine-to-divorce

Sarah Vine, in her newspaper column last week, wrote about how Matt Hancock’s resignation as health secretary after having an affair with his adviser – and breaking Covid rules with someone outside his household or bubble before it was allowed – showed that Westminster life could drive a wedge between partners.

“Westminster is a place of myriad distractions for the politician seeking refuge from his or her home life”.

“The problem with the wife who has known you since way before you were king of the world is that she sees through your facade” and that there were some politicians who could walk away from power and others “who will compromise everything for the sake of it”.

Westminster changes people, Vine said, commenting on how wives of senior politicians “are still more or less the same person they were when they got married” but their husbands sometimes were not.

“Climbing that far up Westminster’s greasy pole changes a person,” she wrote. “And when someone changes, they require something new from a partner. Namely, someone who is as much a courtesan as a companion, one who understands their brilliance and, crucially, is personally invested in it. Not someone who thinks it’s all a monumental nuisance and wishes they would get a proper job that doesn’t involve people poking cameras in your face and commenting on your poor choice of footwear.”
So, distanced from reality, with the prospect of power ever-present, Michael Gove, seemingly, found his way up his own ass .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:06 PM

Not sure why this is 'news' it is their business not mine
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Not sure why this is 'news' it is their business not mine

That's how I feel too.
It was on the tv news last night too. Why is it newsworthy?

The only thing I wondered is if she is his wife, why is her surname Vine and not Gove?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's how I feel too.
It was on the tv news last night too. Why is it newsworthy?

The only thing I wondered is if she is his wife, why is her surname Vine and not Gove?
Hi Mups I guess like many professional women who have made a name in their own right Sarah Vine chose to keep her maiden name.
I worked with a woman who divorced and married again
and kept her first married name because that is the name she was known by at work.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Mups I guess like many professional women who have made a name in their own right Sarah Vine chose to keep her maiden name.
I worked with a woman who divorced and married again
and kept her first married name because that is the name she was known by at work.

Oh, I see.
Thanks Meg.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top