Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 08:49 PM

Re: Gobsmacked

Whilst I do not always agree with what other cultures consume, I feel that we should practice some restraint in making judgements on what other cultures consider to be food.

This is an international forum and we have no idea of the nationality of all our members and our guests so might I suggest that we exercise some restraint and common decency with the comments pretty please.

That will be all! Class dismissed!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Many cultures have odd eating habits including our own. I once went to a schoolfriends house for tea , they were having brains on toast or beans on toast. I didn't stay for either.
Yuk! I would never have gone back there.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No not even on wholemeal bread Dex
In those days many villages had their own abattoir , the school friend lived next to one and her dad worked there and brought home many 'goodies'

My dad used to like chitterlings, I never liked the look of them and and only found out what they were when I grew up.
Funny how they had nice names for all that stuff, chitterlings, sweetbread etc. Basically GUTS.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-07-2021, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
You'll not be liking the haggis then, Dex?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/haggis
Haggis is just obscene, so is black pudding. Yuk! Yuk1 Yuk!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-07-2021, 09:36 PM

As disgusting as eating baby chicks straight from the nest is, I don't think it had any bearing on the Virus. It was more likely to have been a three foot tall scientist who dropped a test tube.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-07-2021, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Whilst I do not always agree with what other cultures consume, I feel that we should practice some restraint in making judgements on what other cultures consider to be food.

This is an international forum and we have no idea of the nationality of all our members and our guests so might I suggest that we exercise some restraint and common decency with the comments pretty please.

That will be all! Class dismissed!
I think the woman could have at the very least humanely killed the chicks before shoving them in her gob.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 09:42 PM

Dancing squidd sashimi

Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 09:47 PM

My first view of Chinese people eating was on China Eastern Airlines from Heathrow to Shanghai - airline food and the Chinese were shovelling it into their throats with chopsticks and swallowing - seemingly without tasting it! It was totally disgusting!! Sludgy glutinous rubbish! I was offered a drink and asked for white wine.............it arrived in a plastic disposable cup - about half an inch of red wine!!!

SO glad I went into a private lounge before boarding.............well worth it!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-07-2021, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Dancing squidd sashimi

Disgusting b*stards.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 09:50 PM

Not even watching the squid, LD, given your reaction

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top