Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 12:43 AM

Boris Johnson joked elderly could 'get Covid and live longer' in WhatsApp exchange

Boris Johnson joked elderly could 'get Covid and live longer' in WhatsApp exchange, reveals Dominic Cummings

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...nger-whatsapp/

The Prime Minister appeared to make the quip in a series of private WhatsApp messages to aides which appear on October 15 just a fortnight before the second lockdown at the end of October.

According to messages disclosed to the BBC by his former chief aide Dominic Cummings, Mr Johnson said:
"I must say I have been slightly rocked by some of the data on covid fatalities. The median age is 82 – 81 for men 85 for women. That is above life expectancy. So get COVID and live longer. Hardly anyone under 60 goes into hospital and of those virtually all survive. And I no longer buy all this NHS overwhelmed stuff. Folks I think we may need to recalibrate."
The comments were made as pressure was building for Mr Johnson to plunge the UK into the second national lockdown last Autumn.

Mr Cummings also claimed that he had to stop Mr Johnson going to see the Queen in person at the beginning of the Covid pandemic, when staff in Number 10 were already falling ill and the Prime Minister had already instructed the public to avoid all unnecessary contact, especially with the elderly.

Mr Cummings said: "I said, 'what are you doing', and he said, 'I’m going to see the Queen' and I said, 'what on earth are you talking about, of course you can’t go and see the Queen'. He said, 'ah, that’s what I do every Wednesday, sod this, I’m gonna go and see her'.”

Mr Cummings said he told Mr Johnson: "If you give her coronavirus and she dies what, what are you gonna, you can’t do that, you can’t risk that, that’s completely insane. And he said, he basically just hadn’t thought it through, he said, yeah, ‘holy S***, I can’t go.’”
Of course, Cummings may be lying, but his "quotes" from BJ are characteristic of BJ's known cavalier attitude towards others .....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 08:06 AM

Re: Boris Johnson joked elderly could 'get Covid and live longer' in WhatsApp exchange

And people wonder why I hate the Tories.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 09:23 AM

Re: Boris Johnson joked elderly could 'get Covid and live longer' in WhatsApp exchange

I am not negating what has been said, but three things spring immediately to mind before any gullible fool starts believeng what they read or see where Dom Cummings & Laura Keunsberg are concerned:

1: The BBC hasn't broadcast the interview yet but they're devoting a large proportion of their broadcast supposedly-news coverage to this.
IMHO it is tantamount to advertising and not much else.
All they are doing is trying to increase the number of viewers for a programme yet to be broadcast with subject matter which, be honest, not many people care enough about to waste the time to watch.

2: Laura Keunssberg has quite a history of being, shall we say, economical with the truth.
From false allegations of a Labour activist punching a Tory advisor or inaccurately reporting on Jeremy Corbyn to her complete dishonesty regarding texts between Dyson & Johnson, her intentionally divisive practices exist purely in order to further her own career & this should by now be obvious to everybody.

3: Dom Cummings is hardly the most reliable of sources, now is he?
From previous allegations in front of official committees where he was asked to provide the evidence which he said he had in his possession, he failed to do so.
I wouldn't trust the bloke to hold a bag of crisps for me, far less trust what he says.

Of course other opinions may differ, but personally I don't trust any of that bunch who are IMHO only interested in themselves.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 09:48 AM

I'm well aware that what's written in the Newspapers is always to be taken with a very large dose of disbelief. But I always say there's no smoke without fire, so I do believe there's something. I'm also well aware of the ding dong between Cummings and Doris.
I don't know who Laura Keunssberg is and I don't know anything about texts between Dyson & Johnson, though the name Dyson is ringing a faint bell, and I don't mean about hoovers ect.
I don't follow politics, as I just glaze over, but I do watch the News so I get bits n pieces. I was brought up in a Tory hating family and things tend to stick.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 09:58 AM

I'm not saying that the stories are completely without basis.
But the sheer desperation of some (and especially the BBC, sadly) to cause division and promote only negativity is getting beyond ridiculous when increasingly they are being proven to be either deliberately misleading or just downright wrong.

I would generally agree with the old addage "there's no smoke without fire" ......... except for the fact that with increasing frequency the smoke has been manufactured for the sole purpose of leading the gullible to that very opinion.
And this latest so-called "interview" is just one more attempt at doing just that.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I am not negating what has been said, but three things spring immediately to mind before any gullible fool starts believeng what they read or see where Dom Cummings & Laura Keunsberg are concerned:

1: The BBC hasn't broadcast the interview yet but they're devoting a large proportion of their broadcast supposedly-news coverage to this.
IMHO it is tantamount to advertising and not much else.
All they are doing is trying to increase the number of viewers for a programme yet to be broadcast with subject matter which, be honest, not many people care enough about to waste the time to watch.

2: Laura Keunssberg has quite a history of being, shall we say, economical with the truth.
From false allegations of a Labour activist punching a Tory advisor or inaccurately reporting on Jeremy Corbyn to her complete dishonesty regarding texts between Dyson & Johnson, her intentionally divisive practices exist purely in order to further her own career & this should by now be obvious to everybody.

3: Dom Cummings is hardly the most reliable of sources, now is he?
From previous allegations in front of official committees where he was asked to provide the evidence which he said he had in his possession, he failed to do so.
I wouldn't trust the bloke to hold a bag of crisps for me, far less trust what he says.

Of course other opinions may differ, but personally I don't trust any of that bunch who are IMHO only interested in themselves.
I'm not saying that the stories are completely without basis.
But the sheer desperation of some (and especially the BBC, sadly) to cause division and promote only negativity is getting beyond ridiculous when increasingly they are being proven to be either deliberately misleading or just downright wrong.

I would generally agree with the old addage "there's no smoke without fire" ......... except for the fact that with increasing frequency the smoke has been manufactured for the sole purpose of leading the gullible to that very opinion.
And this latest so-called "interview" is just one more attempt at doing just that.
I agree with every word of this, I'm just sad that I didn't write it first...

Bravo Zaphod....
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-07-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I agree with every word of this, I'm just sad that I didn't write it first...

Bravo Zaphod....

Ta Bob, I'm pleased to see that you seem to be keeping your spirits up.

The constant negativity and unwarranted sniping are getting beyond a joke IMHO, and I'm amazed at how many people acually fall for such obvious rubbish as that which we see so often.

I was more than half expecting a "Dominic Cummings single-handedly saves our Queen from certain death" type headline after the frankly ridiculous interview broadcast by the BBC.
Yet people believe that sort of trash.
Amazing!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 03:18 PM

Another truly erudite post from Zaphod
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 04:27 PM

I have no doubt that BJ is already seething in his splendid isolation even before the interview is broadcast .....

Dominic Cummings - The Interview

BBC News Special

Today 19:00 BBC TWO

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ygcg

Dominic Cummings single-handedly drove through Brexit before moving into Number 10 as the prime minister’s chief adviser. In an exclusive interview with the BBC’s political editor, Laura Kuenssberg, he speaks for the first time about what happened in the heart of government as the covid pandemic hit the country, and how he masterminded the Vote Leave operation to take the UK out of Europe.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 04:28 PM

Ta Bob, I'm pleased to see that you seem to be keeping your spirits up.

The constant negativity and unwarranted sniping are getting beyond a joke IMHO, and I'm amazed at how many people acually fall for such obvious rubbish as that which we see so often.

I was more than half expecting a "Dominic Cummings single-handedly saves our Queen from certain death" type headline after the frankly ridiculous interview broadcast by the BBC.
Yet people believe that sort of trash.
Amazing!

Thanks Zaphod,forever the optimist....
The BBC fail to report on important news items to give the likes of Cummings the headlines when he hasn't produced a scrap of evidence to back up his claims. If it wasn't so serious it would be laughable....Boris should sue the pants off him, hasn't Cummings signed the official secrets act or something? To think Boris stood by him when he flouted the covid rules.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top