Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 06:02 PM

Re: TV, Netflix, Apple TV, Amazon Prime

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We have Motherland on Netflix here Minx
;£@£ I hate this license/jurisdiction nonsense
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Plankton ->
That stinks. We need a new world order where everyone can watch Phil. Foodies united!
Absolutely, let’s start a protest
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

21-07-2021, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'd recommend " colony" if you can get it on your netflix. Also Orphan Black, The last kingdom, Medici masters of florence Really enjoyed Atypical recently too.
I saw Colony pop up on my screen. I’ll check it out and look up the remainder thanks
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Clearly, they aren’t interested in making a few extra pounds.
I think it works like this ...

The UK punter pays a licence fee, he gets terrestrial BBC TV plus the option of watching on the net (iPlayer). Their progs are sold to people like Netflix for global distribution.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

21-07-2021, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I think it works like this ...

The UK punter pays a licence fee, he gets terrestrial BBC TV plus the option of watching on the net (iPlayer). Their progs are sold to people like Netflix for global distribution.
So, expats don’t count ?
Not that I am one…
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 06:48 PM

I only have basic TV, I watch very few dramas but like the classics . I like factual and political programmes .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 07:06 PM

So, expats don’t count ?
Not that I am one…
No. Why should they? And how would they be identified? We watch dubbed & subtitled foreign language films & miniseries on Netflix here in London, some of the finest productions you'll see. We pay Netflix just like the foreign expat jonnies do.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

21-07-2021, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
No. Why should they? And how would they be identified? We watch dubbed & subtitled foreign language films & miniseries on Netflix here in London, some of the finest productions you'll see. We pay Netflix just like the foreign expat jonnies do.
Keep the British culture alive and all those good things and encourage them to come back home
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 12:40 AM

What are your favourites series/shows/channels
I only have Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney + but rarely watch anything on the last two.

At the moment I am watching rubbish:

A P Bio
Fluke
Suits
Schitz Creek
Designated Survivor

Definitely none are binge watching material and I have to be desperate to watch them.

I have watched some good series "Start Up" comes to mind immediately

Every morning I turn on the TV at 11am to watch the NSW Premier's press conference with the latest news about the lockdown and disease spread. This and the 7pm ABC News is my main TV viewing, the rest depends on the weather and if I am bored.

I also have about 5TB of TV Shows and Films on my NAS server so it is not as if there is a shortage of stuff to watch I just find it hard to sit in front of a TV for too long
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 12:46 AM

I must check if that’s available in SA. I would love to watch Motherland.
You can download it off the interweb thing, that's what I did.

I haven't looked to see if it is on Netflix here.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top