Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 02:38 PM

Re: Decluttering your house.

Originally Posted by dextrous63 ->
anecdote time.

A friend of my mother was married to a polish gentleman who had a tendency to hoard. One day, while he was at work (he was a dentist), she managed to take a ramshackle old chair to the tip.

A couple of days later she came home to discover the chair in the hallway, and him sounding off about how proud and lucky he had been to find one that would match the one (he thought) they already still had.
lol!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 02:42 PM

We still have stuff that we bought back from Italy in 1997 that is well past its use by - mahogany extending dining table + 6 chairs and a display cabinet. We bought them from an English furniture company in Rome in 1990 because we knew that Italian furniture would be too big to fit in a typical British home. Now the furniture is out of fashion and we can't even give it to a charity shop.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:15 PM

Not only do we have our own stuff but also our sons household stuff while he get his place sorted and eventually moves.

Sue says our Dining room (which I am using as my study) is a mess. Maybe so but it is a tidy mess, I can find everything i want for my hobby after a half hour hunt.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Not only do we have our own stuff but also our sons household stuff while he get his place sorted and eventually moves.

Sue says our Dining room (which I am using as my study) is a mess. Maybe so but it is a tidy mess, I can find everything i want for my hobby after a half hour hunt.
After a half hour hunt, is that all....

I was going to post a pic of my sons loft, thought I better not, without his permission, it’s spilling out into his room, his loft space is in his bedroom.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

How about you does your house need decluttering?

Are you able to let things go?

No Pauline - I do my very best not to hoard stuff - it makes it easier to keep things neat and tidy as well.

I’m definitely able to let things go except for sentimental things/stuff.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
... but it is a tidy mess, I can find everything i want for my hobby after a half hour hunt.
LOL! That made me laugh too!

Actually, I don't why I'm laughing. Your "tidy mess", realspeed, sounds a lot more efficient than my 'organised chaos'!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Trouble here is, l keep chucking stuff out , but, the little lady
straight away, fetches it back in !?!?
. One complete drawer in the wardrobe is dedicated to twenty year
old paperwork ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔🤔👎
I shred it.
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

26-07-2021, 05:45 PM

My place is always fairly tidy, and I can thank my Mom for that. She taught us to keep things clean early on. As far as accumulating 'stuff', I've been making good use of my daughters old room for a few things, but it took me some time to get there. I kept it exactly as she left it for well over a year just in case things didn't work out for her with her soon to be hubby. Now that they've purchased a home for themselves and have a date set to get married, I think I'm gonna be ok with making it a kind of catch-all. It's not cluttered, but I do have quite a few odds and ends in there. My garage on the other hand... it's slowly filling up with parts I need to get rid of. Anyone need some rims or tires? How about a full set of brakes or a cold air intake? lol

My problem is, I'm too busy all the time to put any time into selling it all.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Plankton ->
Anyone need some rims or tires? How about a full set of brakes or a cold air intake? lol
Er, no thanks, Planks.

But you really do need to get rid of some of those guitars! I can certainly relieve you of some of those - but only if you throw in all of the Yes albums which you own and I do not!

By the way, I'm listening to Drama right now. Awesome stuff!
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

26-07-2021, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Er, no thanks, Planks.

But you really do need to get rid of some of those guitars! I can certainly relieve you of some of those - but only if you throw in all of the Yes albums which you own and I do not!
I have a Peavey Cirrus BXP 5 bass I can let go of, and I'll throw in a bunch of YouTube links to some Yes tunes.

lol

True story about the bass though.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top