Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 02:19 PM

Hs2

Something some of us had a sneaking suspicion of, has now been confirmed - the damage to environment along the route will be far worse than the scumbags have previously admitted.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8582316.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 02:42 PM

Re: Hs2

It's such a waste of money and bad for the environment. How it got approved I can't understand. All for a ten minute quicker journey, I'd laugh if it wasn't so serious.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's such a waste of money and bad for the environment. How it got approved I can't understand. All for a ten minute quicker journey, I'd laugh if it wasn't so serious.
It runs quite close to here, and I was looking at the plans for the station at the NEC, and it stated NEC to Euston 38 minutes which, if true is significantly faster than any other mode at present.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 03:31 PM

This idiotic project has cross party support but first proposed in 2009 under a Labour government. Much of the line passes through very conservative areas, so I'm not sure how you lay this debacle wholly at the door of the conservative government?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It runs quite close to here, and I was looking at the plans for the station at the NEC, and it stated NEC to Euston 38 minutes which, if true is significantly faster than any other mode at present.

What does HS2 mean for passengers? The Department for Transport says the project will cut Birmingham-London journey times from 1hr 21min to 49min. Once the second phase is complete, Manchester-London journeys would take 1hr 8min (down from 2hr 8min), and Birmingham-Leeds 57min (down from 2hr).

It will take cars off the road, good for the environment and londinium abot time some of taxpayers money is spent to benefit those North of Watford
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
What does HS2 mean for passengers? The Department for Transport says the project will cut Birmingham-London journey times from 1hr 21min to 49min. Once the second phase is complete, Manchester-London journeys would take 1hr 8min (down from 2hr 8min), and Birmingham-Leeds 57min (down from 2hr).

It will take cars off the road, good for the environment and londinium abot time some of taxpayers money is spent to benefit those North of Watford
I agree the railways need upgrading Nom, but there are many new lines needed in the north as well as many others in the north that need upgrading, all of which will be sacrificed for one grandiose white elephant project that will benefit no-one other than those wanting a slightly quicker journey to London, and a project that will invariably cost at least three times the projected costs, as all these vanity projects do. Let's scrap the whole thing and scrap it now, for goodness sake It's already cost over £4 billion before a yard of track is laid.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 04:03 PM

I misread the title as H2S. Fart gas.....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I agree the railways need upgrading Nom, but there are many new lines needed in the north as well as many others in the north that need upgrading, all of which will be sacrificed for one grandiose white elephant project that will benefit no-one other than those wanting a slightly quicker journey to London, and a project that will invariably cost at least three times the projected costs, as all these vanity projects do. Let's scrap the whole thing and scrap it now, for goodness sake It's already cost over £4 billion before a yard of track is laid.
I so agree with your post, Barry. Here in the West Country our railways badly need upgrading, To mention one, the line that goes through Dawlish. We are ignored down here.
This project should be scrapped.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->

Until they get leaves on the line or the wrong type of snow..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
This idiotic project has cross party support but first proposed in 2009 under a Labour government. Much of the line passes through very conservative areas, so I'm not sure how you lay this debacle wholly at the door of the conservative government?
True but tories have been in long enough IMO to stop it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top