Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 03:27 AM

Re: Have You Ever Deliberately Avoided Someone?

Hi Arty, great topic as always........

I avoid long talkers as much as possible. Especially if they are telling me the same thing they told me last week, or if they ranting on about someone I don't even know or don't want to know. I have a bad back and can't stant too long unless I am walking. Funny, I can walk for an hour, but I cannot stand still for an hour. I wonder why that is....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 06:02 AM

Have to admit there is a lady in the village who I call Mrs Doom and Gloom she finds the negative in everything and she tells me all the time if I don't manage to avoid her that she couldn't possibly live with cats.....horrid woman!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 06:03 AM

I'm quite a miserable and anti social bugger so yes, there are plenty of people I actively avoid.

It usually happens on dog walks, I'll see someone coming towards me and think.....oh noes, quick, go the other way. The reasons are usually because the person bores the pants off me or because my dog doesn't like their dog or...because she likes them or their dog too much

When I'm out as in shopping or walking round town I just don't "see" people, I have a facial recognition problem where I don't recognise people out of context. I have been accused of ignoring/avoiding some people when out and about but it's not normally deliberate, I just haven't recognised them.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I'm quite a miserable and anti social bugger so yes, there are plenty of people I actively avoid.
You don’t say......
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 06:31 AM

More so now since ive become partially disabled, standard kit when out is sunglasses, hat and earphones.
Wife did have a friend always calling round, a real Gabblerdictum, whose body odour, left the house smelling awful. Dogs got lots of walks.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 07:09 AM

The trick is to make folks avoid you, then there is no decision to make.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Made me laugh Spitty....yes a good solution
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->

It usually happens on dog walks, I'll see someone coming towards me and think.....oh noes, quick, go the other way. The reasons are usually because the person bores the pants off me or because my dog doesn't like their dog or...because she likes them or their dog too much
I will always cross the road to avoid dog walkers as I never know if Teddy will be friendly or territorial. He has a bit of a chip on his shoulder, especially since he has had knee surgery and has to be on a short lead. Yesterday's walk in the park was like an obstacle course. But most owners are usually pretty understanding.

I also try to avoid people getting too close to him if they look a bit nervous as he can be a bit exuberant in his greetings, but some people want to pet him or start smiling at him as we go by. You can never tell how someone will react to a dog. A neighbour's daughter once greeted him and he started jumping up to lick her face. I apologised to her and she was saying it's fine, she loves it, but he'd left dirty paw marks on her white jeans as it had been raining!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Haha yes! I guess the solution is to talk a lot about boring things when they do bump into you. Next time they will know better.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2018, 07:41 AM

There are 'radiators' who spread a lot of joy along their way - and there are 'drains' who are full of doom, gloom and negativity.

I avoid known 'drains'.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top