Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 10:32 PM

Re: NHS Dental charges

I think anyone would expect a crown to last longer than three days Floydy. There's no way I would pay them again.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

I sometimes wonder if that other lad - Tony Gee - still has a scar in the centre of his forehead!
I certainly hope so! But seriously fingers crossed it lasts. I am wondering how you were let out of the dental surgery without coughing up. Did you phone a friend (a bit like bail)?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 11:03 PM

This time the dentist actually struggled to prise it out so it was probably not going to fall out on its own.
Probably just fancied a new Audi.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Probably just fancied a new Audi.
Nah mate, she's a woman. It'll be a top of the range yellow Mini.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 06:36 AM

Hi Floyd my dentist as always been pretty good about honouring the follow ups if I need them when it comes to any problems.
But just in case I Googled it and this is what it says.

How long is NHS dental work guaranteed for?

If you have had restorative treatment on the NHS, and something goes wrong, requiring repair or retreatment, within 12 months of the original treatment, then your dentist should carry out the necessary work free of charge. Restorative treatment includes fillings, root fillings, inlays, porcelain veneers or crowns.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Hi Floyd my dentist as always been pretty good about honouring the follow ups if I need them when it comes to any problems.
But just in case I Googled it and this is what it says.

How long is NHS dental work guaranteed for?

If you have had restorative treatment on the NHS, and something goes wrong, requiring repair or retreatment, within 12 months of the original treatment, then your dentist should carry out the necessary work free of charge. Restorative treatment includes fillings, root fillings, inlays, porcelain veneers or crowns.
Hi bud.
You don't know just how useful your post could be mate. I'll be going in to see the Practice Manager this afternoon and I'll show them this information.
Cheers Longfellow!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 07:23 AM

Hi floydy
We were at the dentist yesterday ( you don’t go to the one in pocklinton do you?) and we were all X-ray,ed again, I’m sure she did it last year, last Time she x rayed mrs primus one of her teeth broke due to a crack,a few days later which should have been spotted on the X-ray, anyway she complained and the dentist repaired it free, so you shouldn’t need to pay either,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
hi floyd my dentist as always been pretty good about honouring the follow ups if i need them when it comes to any problems.
But just in case i googled it and this is what it says.

How long is nhs dental work guaranteed for?

If you have had restorative treatment on the nhs, and something goes wrong, requiring repair or retreatment, within 12 months of the original treatment, then your dentist should carry out the necessary work free of charge. Restorative treatment includes fillings, root fillings, inlays, porcelain veneers or crowns.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

17-10-2018, 03:06 PM

I've seen the Practice Manager and she was understanding about the charges. I even quoted Longfellow's post!
She says she will speak to the dentist as she can't seem to make up her own mind. Letting me know next Monday.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-10-2018, 04:14 PM

I've seen the Practice Manager and she was understanding about the charges. I even quoted Longfellow's post!
She says she will speak to the dentist as she can't seem to make up her own mind. Letting me know next Monday.
Blimey! You would think as practice manager she would have an opinion.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top