Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 09:48 PM

Re: Blue peter is 60

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No didn't see it but it is a much loved programme and memory from our childhoods. I think Valerie singleton, Peter purves and John Noakes were my personal favourites.
They were presenters when I first watched it. With Shep the dog. I just about remember Petra. But Val was replaced pretty soon after I first watched it. Mostly I remember Lesley Judd and Sarah Greene. I watched the infamous episode where Peter Duncan showed his bottom going into a mud bath. It was then in the papers the next day.

It was the one programme that didn't cause WWIII in our house as both my brother and I would agree to watch it together, that and Tom & Jerry.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Celebrating 60 years of blue peter, did you watch it?, who were your favourite presenters.? has anyone got a blue peter badge?
Blue Peter began after I started at the Grammar School and while I saw it occasionally I think I was a bit old for it. I do remember the incontinent baby elephant episode. I was more of a radio Children's Hour child... Journey into Space and all that.

That is probably still true I never turn the TV on during the day, usually only for the 7pm News but I have the ABC Local Radio for a lot of the day or I just have my music playing.

Actually I think I enjoyed Crackerjack more than Blue Peter.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Must have missed that bit!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 04:22 PM

I think I was more of a 'Magpie' viewer as I don't remember BP that much.

I do like Konnie Huq though.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We had a TV in 1954 when I was 4.

I'm surprised your family didn't have a set in 1953 to watch the Queens Coronation on.

My family did!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm surprised your family didn't have a set in 1953 to watch the Queens Coronation on.

My family did!!
I don't think my father would have been that interested, and my mother was in the maternity home having just given birth to my sister.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top