Join for free
Page 52 of 66 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 02:00 PM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

I have no problem with the EU leaving. You have hampered the cooperative countries, even though you got exceptional treatment, all those years. In the end the EU will be better of without the UK.Don't forget you begged to be admitted, being the poor man of europe. Now you have equalized with similar economies. Countries that are now in similar conditions as you in the sixties, ask for help and solidarity. You turn your backs on them.
But I pity your children and grandchildren who, after the UK has tumbled down to their former position, will pay the price for your inability to move into the 21 century.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I have no problem with the EU leaving. You have hampered the cooperative countries, even though you got exceptional treatment, all those years. In the end the EU will be better of without the UK.Don't forget you begged to be admitted, being the poor man of europe. Now you have equalized with similar economies. Countries that are now in similar conditions as you in the sixties, ask for help and solidarity. You turn your backs on them.
But I pity your children and grandchildren who, after the UK has tumbled down to their former position, will pay the price for your inability to move into the 21 century.
Hi

Our treatment was not as preferable as that given to France and Germany.

Schengen is falling apart due to the stupid decisions made by Frau Merkel.

Greece is in a mess because the EU let it ignore the rules about the Euro.

The vast majority of the bailout funds for Greece went directly to the German Banks which had overlent to Greece, to keep them from collapsing.

This is directly contrary to EU Rules but naff all was done.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
What an inefficient system, transferring goods from one ship to another for another journey onwards to Britain. Perhaps the answer would be to build our own deep water container port to miss out that stage and receive our own goods direct?
We already have a deep water Port, or two.

Felixstowe & Bristol, for example.

Why do you think there is a problem?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 02:31 PM

Hi

The French are ramping up the pressure.

"French Government publish its draft No Deal law on website of French Senate: “reestablishment of checks of goods and passengers” & “restoration of veterinary, sanitary, phytosanitary, safety controls & customs formalities” "

That means a hard border and disruption to UK Industry, especially the Car Industry.

I have no wish to fall out with any EU Member State, however if they are going to play silly buggas so can we.

We can, quite legitimately, decide to only inspect a proportion of goods and products arriving in the UK from the EU.

This is allowable under WTO Rules.

We could just inspect anything produced, manufactured or grown in France or anything carried by French Vehicles.

I will not be bullied.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

17-10-2018, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
We already have a deep water Port, or two.

Felixstowe & Bristol, for example.

Why do you think there is a problem?
Hi

The problem is the downtime, the new huge container ships cannot be run efficiently unless downtime is minimised.

Most of the goods on them are for the EU, it is a much bigger market than the UK.

We cannot instruct shipping companies to make an extra stop here.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The problem is the downtime, the new huge container ships cannot be run efficiently unless downtime is minimised.

Most of the goods on them are for the EU, it is a much bigger market than the UK.

We cannot instruct shipping companies to make an extra stop here.
You can,however, split cargos and load one ship for the UK and several others for the EU, or vice versa..

Also, bear in mind that any UK cargo might have to be offloaded in the EU Port, at the moment, and then re-shipped to the UK - but since we have deep water ports at Felixstowe & Bristol, that shouldn't be any bigger a chore than it is now.

The container ships have to pass the UK to get to the Rotterdam port, for example.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
You can,however, split cargos and load one ship for the UK and several others for the EU, or vice versa..

Also, bear in mind that any UK cargo might have to be offloaded in the EU Port, at the moment, and then re-shipped to the UK - but since we have deep water ports at Felixstowe & Bristol, that shouldn't be any bigger a chore than it is now.

The container ships have to pass the UK to get to the Rotterdam port, for example.

It's probably me, but I didn't know that Bristol had a deep water port.
Ooop's Iv'e just googled it

'The UK Government has given consent for the construction of Bristol's Deep Sea Container Terminal which will bring the largest container vessels closer to UK markets'.

But it seems that it doesn't exist yet, am I wrong again? If it doesn't exist how long will it take to build
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

17-10-2018, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
It's probably me, but I didn't know that Bristol had a deep water port.
Ooop's Iv'e just googled it

'The UK Government has given consent for the construction of Bristol's Deep Sea Container Terminal which will bring the largest container vessels closer to UK markets'.

But it seems that it doesn't exist yet, am I wrong again? If it doesn't exist how long will it take to build
Hi

It will take a few years, just for the lead time on the cranes and dredging.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Our treatment was not as preferable as that given to France and Germany.

Schengen is falling apart due to the stupid decisions made by Frau Merkel.

Greece is in a mess because the EU let it ignore the rules about the Euro.

The vast majority of the bailout funds for Greece went directly to the German Banks which had overlent to Greece, to keep them from collapsing.

This is directly contrary to EU Rules but naff all was done.
What countries does Greece owe money to?
A: Greece owes money to a number of countries and organisations following two bailouts - one in 2010 and another in 2012. The bailout funds totalled €220bn, most of which hasn't been be paid back. Greece owes around €56bn to Germany, €42bn to France, €37bn to Italy, and €25bn to Spain.

As can be seen Germany did make a profit on their loans to Greece but on the interest on the loans/bonds, as did the other countries mentioned above.

But the figures published by the government on Thursday show that Germany made €3.4 billion in interest payments on the bonds and only paid Greece €527 million in 2013 and €387 million the following year. That left €2.5 billion in profit, plus interest of €400 million on a loan from the KfW development bank.
itsme
Wigan UK

17-10-2018, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You are so right Solasch,
Britain’s sense of economic invulnerability is even more puzzling. Why does a country that is significantly poorer than Germany, with fewer internationally competitive industries and greater dependence on foreign capital and managerial expertise, believe it can afford to quit the single market? Britain’s economic performance is no better than France’s and on some important measures – especially productivity – far worse. Yet nobody from France’s political mainstream seriously thinks that the French economy would thrive outside the EU.

The lying Brexiters will never be forgiven for dropping this great country in to such turmoil and future comparative poverty.

Page 52 of 66 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top