Join for free
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 10:33 AM

Heard The One About ...

... the Chinese chocolate bar? Comedy fans at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival did and named it the best joke of the global arts extravaganza.

English comedian Rob Auton won the Dave Award for his one-liner - "I heard a rumour that Cadbury is bringing out an oriental chocolate bar. Could be a Chinese Wispa."

The quip about the company's Wispa bar was shortlisted alongside 19 others by British television channel Dave, then submitted to a public vote.

The other jokes in Dave's top 10 were:

2. Alex Horne - "I used to work in a shoe-recycling shop. It was sole-destroying."

3. Alfie Moore - "I'm in a same-sex marriage ... the sex is always the same."

4. Tim Vine - "My friend told me he was going to a fancy dress party as an Italian island. I said to him 'Don't be Sicily.'"

5. Gary Delaney - "I can give you the cause of anaphylactic shock in a nutshell."

6. Phil Wang - "The Pope is a lot like Doctor Who. He never dies, just keeps being replaced by white men."

7. Marcus Brigstocke - "You know you are fat when you hug a child and it gets lost."

8. Liam Williams - "The universe implodes. No matter."

9. Bobby Mair - "I was adopted at birth and have never met my mum. That makes it very difficult to enjoy any lapdance."

10. Chris Coltrane - "The good thing about lending someone your time machine is that you basically get it back immediately."

Is comedy still alive and kicking?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 01:01 PM

Re: Heard The One About ...

Some of them are a bit naff - so not sure . Think I could do better myself .
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 11:40 PM

probablely could do better but what the heck,could you talk??
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 07:08 PM

Naff is spot on - I thought I'd lost my sense of humour when I read those!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
probablely could do better but what the heck,could you talk??
I can talk the hind leg off a donkey - well on a forum I can anyways .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 11:07 PM

I think we are all regurgitating.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top