Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 02:43 PM

Re: AVG Alert

Originally Posted by Bird ->
Sometimes its easiest to reset your computer to an earlier date or time when all was ok.
'System restore' I think it is Val I am always too scared to do that
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 05:18 PM

Mine was only re set two days ago ,,,
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
'System restore' I think it is Val I am always too scared to do that
I think you're right Meg, it is called System Restore. I've never had a problem with it, its sometimes the easiest way to get rid of a virus.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=[B]Eliza;619096]Ive the same alert just come on.[/[/B]QUOTE]

ME TOO! I'm not downloading anything though, just incase its not ligit. Will ask my computer man first, and tell you what he says later.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 09:42 PM

I think a system restore should only be done when a whole system backup has been taken.............and I've yet to find out how that is done on Windows 8!

Thanks for the replies, I'll be following those up.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I think a system restore should only be done when a whole system backup has been taken.............and I've yet to find out how that is done on Windows 8!

Thanks for the replies, I'll be following those up.
I've done it many times Lindyloo without problem.

Its different to 'Restore Factory Settings' where you would have to have everything backed up..
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 11:21 PM

I too do a restore often with no problem if a programme causes my pc to become unstable or I simply can't get rid of it. Before downloading new programmes it's best to do an online search to check them out first as many can be rogue versions or full of advertising and some are not easy to get rid of
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 11:24 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;619238]
Originally Posted by [B
Eliza;619096]Ive the same alert just come on.[/[/B]QUOTE]

ME TOO! I'm not downloading anything though, just incase its not ligit. Will ask my computer man first, and tell you what he says later.
I did a computer search and nothing found ,did AVG full com scan, also Mal search nothing found.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 11:34 PM

[QUOTE=Eliza;619420]
Originally Posted by Mups ->

I did a computer search and nothing found ,did AVG full com scan, also Mal search nothing found.

What did you search for Eliza? Do you mean you searched to find out about the Superfish thing, but couldn't find anything?

Just heard back from my computer man, and he said it sounds like a VIRUS and not to touch it or do the download.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

02-03-2015, 11:39 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;619422]
Originally Posted by Eliza ->

What did you search for Eliza? Do you mean you searched to find out about the Superfish thing, but couldn't find anything?

Just heard back from my computer man, and he said it sounds like a VIRUS and not to touch it or do the download.
I put the word Superfish in my Computer search,its on the bottom left hand corner where you start up or close down

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top