Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 12:43 AM

Re: Anonymous Me (or... How I used VPN to Hide the Real Me)

all I can say is paranoia can annoy ya!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 07:19 AM

Now this sounds like an interesting "debate" - realist has my vote at the moment - he has convinced me so far that Bruce is simply paying for "illusions"!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 08:13 AM

I'm glad I haven't hid behind any 'veil' as my vile outpourings whilst under the influence have completely sobered me up - embarrassment FTW (for the win): though with regard to my downloads that is another story .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Still not buying this Bruce but each to their own.
It is pointless discussing it with you because you clearly have not taken the trouble to read what has already been said nor familiarise yourself with even the very basic concept of VPN.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It is pointless discussing it with you because you clearly have not taken the trouble to read what has already been said nor familiarise yourself with even the very basic concept of VPN.
So to cut a long story short.......
You mean......he doesn't agree with you Bruce?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So to cut a long story short.......
You mean......he doesn't agree with you Bruce?
No, I mean he is talking about something he doesn't understand.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
all I can say is paranoia can annoy ya!
Only if you get paranoid about it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 04:50 PM

Oh it's changed from "debate" to "personal insults" too bad
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
No, I mean he is talking about something he doesn't understand.
The bottom line is 2-fold as I have laid out:

1. You believe you can somehow route your internet traffic such that it can't be traced using a paid-for service.

I contest that you can't because the internet Hardware is owned and controlled by the powers that be. There is no escape from it. Any form of internet use is at some point using their hardware.

2. You believe that your traffic/data is encrypted such that no-one could de-crypt it.

I contest that this is naïve. If there exists an encryption algorithm then there exists a decryption algorithm. Someone, somewhere has the decryption keys for all such VPN services. That being the case the whole argument boils down to whether you personally think they would use that decryption key to spy on people's traffic. For me, it's a no-brainer that they DO spy on all internet traffic and have huge banks of racked servers interpreting it all and archiving it all to massive data farms.

This is the nuts of the whole issue. Any techno jiggery pokery in the middle is of no relevance TBH.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 08:24 PM

I could never understand why people are so surprised when a sensitive e-mail or mobile phone conversation/text has been intercepted and repeated either in the media or by some unscrupulous hacker.
Members of parliament, Presidents, the Royal Family and celebrities, have all been victims of leaked personal material.
How stupid can you be to think that anything that is transmitted can not be intercepted by someone.
So why on earth would you e-mail or text something that you wouldn't want the whole world to see.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top