Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 06:50 PM

Re: TALK TALK breaking news

Originally Posted by toyboyroy ->
I am also with TalkTalk, and as up to now my bank account is untouched.

As TalkTalk only have my details for my Current Account I am wondering if my other accounts are safe?? I keep very little in the Current Account, only enough to pay bills.

I think a trip to the bank on Monday is in order.

Roy
Hi Roy I would think only accounts of which you gave details to TT are susceptible. If you have other accounts with the same bank I would change all passwords and log on details .
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
So are we, but keep an eye on your bank transactions as we are, just in case. If it has been hacked they can get your bank details from your Talktalk account, if you pay by DD as we do.
I've made my bank account as safe as possible by changing security details and moving a substantial amount of cash to another bank as fast as lightening which will ensure I'm covered by the FSCS, I can rest easier now phew!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 10:48 AM

Surely they can tell what new passwords are if they can access your account details or they pretend to be you and change it? I don't have money in other accounts to fall back on, just taking a small amount from me would make things very difficult, so I'd be completely stuck.
I just don't know what to do for the best!
I'm thinking of changing banks and paying cash for everything which will completely change the way I live from day to day as everything is on direct debit and I've always had accounts with one bank.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 11:03 AM

I could be wrong, but I see the biggest risk from this being identity fraud rather than bank accounts being emptied. Time will tell, I guess.
toyboyroy
South Wales
toyboyroy is male  toyboyroy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Roy I would think only accounts of which you gave details to TT are susceptible. If you have other accounts with the same bank I would change all passwords and log on details .
I appreciate what has been said by all, I am going to the bank in the morning to ask their advice, obviously they will have a load of enquiries regarding the same.

I have approx. 15 DD but also details in other places such as PayPal etc. and it will be a big pain in the backside to update them all. Yet to lose a couple hundred pounds out of my Current Account would be worse.

And I don`t think TalkTalk is letting their customers change that easily and I have another 13 months to run on this contract.

Roy
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I could be wrong, but I see the biggest risk from this being identity fraud rather than bank accounts being emptied. Time will tell, I guess.
Just incase anyone does spot any unusual activity in the future and suspect they're a victim .... I can't recommend this place enough.
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/fra...identity_fraud

I suffered identity theft a couple of years back, nothing to do with Talk Talk ... just a chappy using my home address to obtain credit loans. I was only alerted when some car insurance bumf and some electronic gizmo he'd ordered popped through my door. Not that bright was he .. I was waiting to see if he knocked on my door to ask for it.

Action Fraud were great. Flagged any transactions as suspicious and popped it on a database and gave me a Crime Number to quote if and when anything else emerged.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 11:52 PM

I appreciate what has been said by all, I am going to the bank in the morning to ask their advice, obviously they will have a load of enquiries regarding the same.

And I don`t think TalkTalk is letting their customers change that easily and I have another 13 months to run on this contract.

Roy
I'm in the same boat! apparently they want to charge £300 to customers who wish to cancel their contract, mine runs for another 8 months. For me they are the cheapest broadband provider, my account includes free telephone calls which no other company can beat, I've been quite happy with their service without major issues and hope to continue with them until something cheaper is on offer elsewhere
seacroft
york
seacroft is male  seacroft has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 03:48 PM

I am also with TalkTalk, and as up to now my bank account is untouched.

As TalkTalk only have my details for my Current Account I am wondering if my other accounts are safe?? I keep very little in the Current Account, only enough to pay bills.

I think a trip to the bank on Monday is in order.

Roy
I am with TT and I will not be leaving, because like you they only have my current account details from which they DD each month the charges for my use, these details are also on every cheque I issue apart from my address and birthdate.

They do not have my passwords to my online bank accounts so thats not a problem, it is possible the scammers could ring me and try on a con. but I aint ga-ga yet!

They could try to set something up to get money by using my details, however through my bank I get a monthly report from Equifax on my credit status plus a text message if my details are used to set up a new account, even when its me doing it.

So dont panic just stay calm, I am not saying that I am not annoyed with TT and the ceo but I expect they are now burning the midnight oil putting things right.
toyboyroy
South Wales
toyboyroy is male  toyboyroy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I'm in the same boat! apparently they want to charge £300 to customers who wish to cancel their contract, mine runs for another 8 months. For me they are the cheapest broadband provider, my account includes free telephone calls which no other company can beat, I've been quite happy with their service without major issues and hope to continue with them until something cheaper is on offer elsewhere
You must be on the same contract as me Honey, I have no problem with their service really, (a few connection problems now and again, I`m on Fibre but thinking on going back to conventional system).

My account is still untouched as yet.

Roy
seacroft
york
seacroft is male  seacroft has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 09:21 PM

Regards cancelling your contract early and exit fees being due, according to advice which I heard on the radio because TT have not protected customers data correctly they are in breach of contract.

Therefore the customer has to be allowed to leave early without penalty if they wish.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top