Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 09:24 PM

Re: Technology

Originally Posted by galty ->
but with good bankroll management you can work yourself up the levels till you find a level where you start losing then you just drop a level.
I'm afraid this is another classic psychological bit of kidology. The whole Modus Operandi of online poker is to make players feel they need to be skilled and so they provide tutorials and advise punters to buy books on Tournies and cash games. I know, I have the books, been there done that.

Bankroll Management is just a theory which is actually empty.
Its essence is that you should only ever play with a "chunk" of your entire bankroll. Then should you go all-in and lose, which you will do, often, you still have some bank rll left to play with.

Problem here is that when you lose that first chunk you then play with the next chunk. Doesn't really matter what level you play at, at some point you will get all in and/or gradually lose that entire chunk.

Then you move onto the next chunk. etc etc.

The thought that you can "pawn" everyone at certain stakes is utter nonsense. You are fighting a computer not a bunch of humans, so you will never win. It will make you think you are winning to keep you hooked, but gradually it will leech all your bankroll from you. Eventually you will re-deposit, which will trigger the system to take note, and you'll get a few wins for doing that and then start losing again.

Rinse repeat ad-nauseum until the player finally realises/concedes he is being duped, by which time he will typically have lost £000s.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 09:48 PM

Are you still losing though Galty?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Are you still losing though Galty?
Had a good day to day Thank you.

My losses since Feb 2007 are now around £382.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 10:43 PM

Are you ever likely to make a profit and make a living from on line gambling do you think ?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 10:57 PM

Are you ever likely to make a profit and make a living from on line gambling do you think ?
I don't do it as a living its a hobby and a much cheaper hobby than most others hobbys

The profit will or might come in a couple of Months...all depending on the Variance.

I did Vegas last March for 12 days Excluding Flights hotel and Food I came back with $400 more than I went out with and that's with a poker room rake of 25%

Going again to Vegas in November.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

10-09-2016, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I don't do it as a living its a hobby and a much cheaper hobby than most others hobbys

The profit will or might come in a couple of Months...all depending on the Variance.

I did Vegas last March for 12 days Excluding Flights hotel and Food I came back with $400 more than I went out with and that's with a poker room rake of 25%

Going again to Vegas in November.
Thanks for the honest response mate, I am only an average poker player so I think I will avoid on line games.
It has been refreshing to chat to both you and Realist about this subject.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

14-09-2016, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the honest response mate, I am only an average poker player so I think I will avoid on line games.
It has been refreshing to chat to both you and Realist about this subject.
Woke up at 2am and went on line with in 10 minutes had lost $50 went back to bed.

Look at the first hand played on the link..

I would have folded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f9mTBXjxWk
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

14-09-2016, 11:26 AM

I would have gone all the way on the pair of 7's
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

14-09-2016, 12:19 PM

I would have gone all the way on the pair of 7's
That's poker

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top