Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
John leave
Hertfordshire
John leave is male  John leave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:02 PM

Re: This could be for both sides to consider?

Reading some of the posts on the guardian story, it seems even there own readers don't agree with the article, brexit it far from dead and leavers are as determined as they were in 2016 to leave, the polls have been showing remain in front same as they did pre referendum, they were 4% out then and I reckon they are still way out now.
John leave
Hertfordshire
John leave is male  John leave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The article maybe sensible but when we look at the membership of the Labour Party and their leader Corbyn who would vote Labour ?
The Tories made a huge mistake they thought everyone would vote remain now the country is left with this terrible mess.
There doesn't seem to be any solution .
The solution is to do the democratic thing and forfill the wishes of the majority.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:57 PM

The guardian twists things to suit its politics just as all the other papers do. The article is just someone's personal opinion and I totally disagree with the following paragraph :

"Saving Britain is a twin-pronged task: transforming our economy and society so they work for all while recommitting to an EU that covers our backs better than we know. Today’s laissez-faire, sink-or-swim approach to economics and society has to end; instead our hijacked capitalism must be populated with repurposed businesses, motivated by a desire to produce goods and services that better humanity. New technology needs to be mobilised for the public good, while great institutions that serve the mass of people – such as trade unions, public-benefit companies to run utilities and building societies – must be reinvigorated and reshaped."

It would be a totally disastrous policy and just goes to show that many crackpot ideas are alive and well in Britain today.

What we should have done is gone in and fought for control of the EU and shaped what's happening instead of sitting around on the sidelines and then complaining we don't like it. That's pathetic. Next we will be doing exactly the same with what happens when Britain leaves. People who voted out will complain no matter what changes are made because any change will have positives and negatives and people always like to focus on the negatives.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
People who voted out will complain no matter what changes are made because any change will have positives and negatives and people always like to focus on the negatives.
The majority of Leave voters are a million miles away from your stereotype. They are well aware that leaving has both advantages and disadvantages, short term losses and long term gains. The difference between most leavers and most remainers that I have talked to is that the leavers are looking to the medium and longterm furure, whereas the remainers are (like most of our idiot politicians) so immersed in ultra short-term thinking that they can't see anything ahead of the immediate short term.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Perhaps the person who wrote this should not assume why people voted to leave!

I was happy to join the Common Market, in the beginning, because the trade agreements were a good idea. Sadly I was young then and had no idea what it would lead to, but the changes have already led to us losing control of our own country, so we can't do many things without EU agreement.
It seems that the EU were always intending to make the EU one big country, but were doing it slowly so we didn't really notice.

If they had suggested that the Common Market, was going to become like the USA ( controlled by one government but with different laws & rules for each state) I would have never wanted to join in the first place.

I would hate to live in a huge country where one government make the majority of decisions for all, because if you look at the states you will find that there are ones where they feel the Gov do not provide fairly for each state....because the country is too big!

Hell isn't that why the EU are being so difficult about us leaving.......... because they don't want other members to consider doing the same!
what ? you mean you really didn't understand what they were about from the very beginning ?? gullibility comes to mind?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Personally I think Brexit has finished off what Thatcher started - the complete fragmentation of British social fabric to the point where socially Britain is almost a failed state.
God if ya right Bruce - that is scary - very scary?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
The majority of Leave voters are a million miles away from your stereotype. They are well aware that leaving has both advantages and disadvantages, short term losses and long term gains. The difference between most leavers and most remainers that I have talked to is that the leavers are looking to the medium and longterm furure, whereas the remainers are (like most of our idiot politicians) so immersed in ultra short-term thinking that they can't see anything ahead of the immediate short term.
It's not a stereotype. What I am describing is human nature. You will see that whatever happens there will be those who complain from their armchairs.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
what ? you mean you really didn't understand what they were about from the very beginning ?? gullibility comes to mind?
Good job I take no notice of you then Gummy!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

19-08-2018, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's not a stereotype. What I am describing is human nature. You will see that whatever happens there will be those who complain from their armchairs.
exactly there are the moaners and groaners everywhere - and they will always be there so let's just ignore them and enjoy life regardless!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

19-08-2018, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Good job I take no notice of you then Gummy!
did you take no notice of Hitler too??

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top