Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 12:43 PM

Re: Another one bites the dust

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Mass migration into the UK has emptied the dole queues in Eastern Europe that's for sure , and kept British workers on zero hour contracts, minimum wage and increased job insecurity.
It has negated the need for UK based employers to invest in or upskill it's British workforce and 3 million extra people means pressure on housing and health and education with language issues, increased rents , increased traffic and reduced taxes from British workers due to lower wages and shorter working weeks......The working poor, in other words.
The huge increase in zero hour contracts and changes in the working pattern of the country was not caused by immigrants but by the recent recession. They may not be welcome by some but suit many others who want a flexible working arrangement. Casual work has always been around. It's just been rebadged and expanded to areas previously untouched by it. So now law firms and and accounting firms will have people on such contracts or in as Interns working for free to try to prove they are suitable. that's nothing to do with immigration and everything to do with profit margins and the changing shape of employment trends.

The future is that most traditional jobs are being replaced with automation. It's like the industrial revolution but not many are talking about it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Is the guy in the video planning to send all the guardian readers to the Isle of Man and put a fence around them? If anyone wonders why there is no unity on this subject watch him spouting hate again. It's exactly what I was saying the other day. Leave voters are causing a lot of bad feeling towards those who voted remain and this doesn't seem to be abating. If it's not all coming one way then maybe someone could post some similar recent videos from remain voters?
Has it occurred to you that, if all remainers hadn't tried to alter a democratic vote, there would be no hate because we would all be working together to make sure Brexit did work?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Has it occurred to you that, if all remainers hadn't tried to alter a democratic vote, there would be no hate because we would all be working together to make sure Brexit did work?
Twink I haven't tried to alter anything. I am just waiting for the government to get their finger out and sort out a sensible deal. I'm fed up with this anger coming from leave voters. It's like a bottomless pit of negative emotion directed at anyone who doesn't agree.

It all seems a general dissatisfaction with all our society ills (mainly caused by our own successive governments) conveniently poured into one pot labelled Brexit. I mean the guy in the video is simply angry at the middle classes. It's ridiculous. I have middle class (religious) friends who are very pro brexit. Granted they are not guardian readers, but then neither am I.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 01:41 PM

Hi

Both sides lied during the Referendum, that unfortunately is the state of British politics at the present time.

We are treated like idiots.

The EU is not divided like the UK is, they have accepted the Referendum, accepted that we are leaving and have moved on, with just a shrug of the shoulders.

They are remarkably united in the negotiations, united in doing what is the best for them.

It is to our disadvantage that we are the disunited ones and disunited in Public, that makes our negotiating position very difficult.

We are not doing ourselves any favours at all.

It saddens me that we are making such a spectacle of ourselves on the International Stage.

We are perceived as weak, which does not bode well for future Trade Negotiations with others.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 01:51 PM

Twink I haven't tried to alter anything. I am just waiting for the government to get their finger out and sort out a sensible deal. I'm fed up with this anger coming from leave voters. It's like a bottomless pit of negative emotion directed at anyone who doesn't agree.

It all seems a general dissatisfaction with all our society ills (mainly caused by our own successive governments) conveniently poured into one pot labelled Brexit. I mean the guy in the video is simply angry at the middle classes. It's ridiculous. I have middle class (religious) friends who are very pro brexit. Granted they are not guardian readers, but then neither am I.
If all the remainers behaved like you Annie, there would be no problems, but sadly they do not and are trying to damage any deal that means we leave.
When I asked the question, I was not supporting the man in the video, but I expect his comments were aimed at people, like the remainers who only post about Brexit on this forum, because they are angry that the Leave votes won the referendum!
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 03:11 PM

I voted to remain for no other reason than I did not want the pound to drop

If there was another vote I would still vote to remain hoping that the government of the day whoever they are only put their party into the European government and change the whole thing from within

Not withstanding that I have got to the point where I think we should just leave no deal pay them nothing shut the boarder in Ireland keep them totally out of the intel loop and remind them on a daily basis played three lost three
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-09-2018, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If all the remainers behaved like you Annie, there would be no problems, but sadly they do not and are trying to damage any deal that means we leave.
When I asked the question, I was not supporting the man in the video, but I expect his comments were aimed at people, like the remainers who only post about Brexit on this forum, because they are angry that the Leave votes won the referendum!
Pretty much most remain voters I know no longer discuss Brexit. I post on here because I think it's very important to have a balance of views on this subject. But I don't understand how remain voters can damage any deal we are trying to make.

My view is that the failure to agree anything lies in the fact that David Davis spent about a year not making any progress (is it true he had an empty briefcase?!). Now it's full steam ahead since he left with not much time.

I'd be quite happy with Norway Switzerland or Iceland (minus any schengen and no pressure to integrate or have the euro etc). It would be ideal if we could continue with the existing trade agreements we have with third countries.

Other countries don't get anxious about pleasing the EU they stick two fingers up and do their own thing, then when the meet the EU they are all smiles. That's the way to do it. Go to Germany and see if they follow all the directives of Brussels! We should have been in there throwing our weight around. It's beyond me why we were not. But now we are leaving we should leave sensibly and not this no deal pallaver, even Lord Wolfson has sent out warning signals about that.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 08:37 PM

So you haven't noticed the anger from Remainers on this forum, Purwell, itsme, twink, etc etc and from the likes of Vince Cable, Nick Clegg, Sadiq Kahn etc etc?

The guy in the video isn't angry at just the middle classes.

He's angry at the unelected, entitled class of media luvvies, self serving academic elite and career politicians who think the self preservation of their privileged and overly influential position in society is more important than the democratic choice of the faceless millions legally expressed through the ballot box.

What part of that do you dispute and how do you justify your position?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-09-2018, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
1. So you haven't noticed the anger from Remainers on this forum, Purwell, itsme, twink, etc etc and from the likes of Vince Cable, Nick Clegg, Sadiq Kahn etc etc?

2. The guy in the video isn't angry at just the middle classes.

He's angry at the unelected, entitled class of media luvvies, self serving academic elite and career politicians who think the self preservation of their privileged and overly influential position in society is more important than the democratic choice of the faceless millions legally expressed through the ballot box.

What part of that do you dispute and how do you justify your position?
1. Twink voted remain?

2. What has all that to do with the EU?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:17 PM

1. Twink voted remain?

2. What has all that to do with the EU?
I might have got that name wrong but don't let it deflect from the point I make.

And it's not about 'the Eu' ( I don't know why you asked that )

It's a point about why Pat Condell ( the video guy) makes a good point about the attempted denial of democracy perpetrated by Remainers due to their distaste of the 'lower' classes and due to their sense of entitlement.

It's a sentiment you also seem to perpetrate by asking for a 'Losers' or 'People's vote' to try to overturn the EU referendum result.

A vote, incidentaly, I and many other millions of Leavers would boycott thus rendering it invalid.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top