Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 08:22 AM

Re: Little Angry Chihuahua

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I can recommend a delightful little dog and that is the Bichon Frise. They are wonderful characters, so funny, don't need overly much exercise, loyal, don't moult, loves children and adults alike, good little guard dog but not aggressive. The only downside to Bichons is they need brushing and grooming. I have a Bichon and he is the most delightful dog I have ever had and i've had a few.
I have been reading various things about which dogs are better suited for older people and so far the list looks like this.

Pug.
Schnauzer. ...
Cocker Spaniel. ...
Chihuahua. ...
Boston Terrier. ...
Shih Tzu. ...
Beagle. ...
Poodle.
Yorkshire Terrier
Pomeranian

These are not my choices but what is advised for an older person.

Ive been talking about getting a dog for the last two years but only now am I in the situation where it is possible to get a dog. My home has been fully decorated, new carpets everywhere. The back garden will be finished off next week being totally cleared and the fences all replaced and new back door fitted.
As I said earlier, unfortunately my daughter is going off travelling a lot more with her new job promotion and at the moment we are all rallying around to make sure her two dogs are well looked after when shes away but I have offered to do long term fostering for them if needed as my son can only look after one as the other dog doesnt get on with his dog and cats and my ex has a house cat that hates my daughters dogs.
I badly need the company and also regular exercise. It would be better really if I could get my own dog of choice as much as I love my daughters dogs, but they come first as I dont want them to go to anybody who may split them up as they have been together since birth.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I am sorry but the people in the video must be absolute cretins. The dog might be small, but it is aggressive and a potential danger. There is nothing to admire in it's behaviour. Size that dog up a couple of notches and you have a dangerous dog on your hands and the people in the video are to blame. It is not remotely amusing IMO. As I said absolutely brainless cretins.

Totally agree Aerolor.
I can't stand people who tease dogs in that way, just for their own stupid amusement. Then, if they got bitten, they'd blame the dog!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 10:23 AM

Here she is M,C,..she has a beautiful nature and is extremely laid back,thank God for that,because my jack Russell ,is very high maintenance,but then they are working dogs,..I would always consult a vet,on what type of chihuahua to get,MC...good luck,please let us know the outcome.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	7540  
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 01:12 PM

Hi Pauline3. Thanks for posting the photo. She looks really cute. And you have a Jack Russel as well.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 09:14 PM

Our little Betty would have a strop like that if you went for her food. We have to feed the dogs separately or she bullies Elsie Labrador into giving hers up !

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top