Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 03:29 PM

Our animals die.......:(

Why do we suffer such emotional stress when our animals die? I still cry after several years of my latest pet dying. I suffer more for a pet dying, than I do for a friend or family member dying. I know that sounds terrible, but it is true. I LOVE my pets and now I don't have any because I am afraid of leaving it behind.

A friend of mine lost her cat two weeks ago. It got out.....we scanned the neighbourhood, put up posters, checked with the SPCA, and still no sign of it. It was so pretty, gray and white.
She is crying her eyes out all the time, and I don't know how to comfort her, as I am destraught also. I get very attached to my friend's animals as if they are my own........

Why is it so hard?
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 03:57 PM

Re: Our animals die.......:(

Mornin' Blue...the pets in my life began before I was born. My parents owned Charlwood Kennels in Toronto and bred English bull terriers from 1930. I wasn't born until 1941...so I never knew life without pets in it...

With each loss of a blessed pet...a little piece of us goes along with them... But, by the same token...these loving animals leave us with amazing memories, to look back on at any given time and I thank God for that.

I just love to look through my photo albums and see all those familiar little faces looking back at me... They make me smile...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 04:06 PM

I am a little different than you Filly. I always feel I just didn't do enough to help them to live longer......I even feel that way when I think of my mom and she was 94 when she died (by the way the ann of her death is Nov 4th, so you probably won't hear from me that day, as I stress over my mom. I loved her so much, she was a darling.........

I had animals all my life also. My first dog was Sport and he was a golden retriever. Our first cat was kitty wee and she was a big double pawed cat, orange and white.....absolutely beautiful cat. My mom didn't think we could afford to keep the cat, so she got someone to drive us out in the country to a farm where we knew the owner, so she could be a barn cat and get lots of eat.

One week-later, she was sitting on our window sill. She found her way home and it was a lot of miles out there. I don't know how she did that......but we kept her after that and we found ways of being able to afford both animals.

As an adult I had two dogs and one cat.........and every time I think of any of them from adulthood, I almost cry....sometimes I do cry....

I don't feel bad about the childhood pets as I can't remember how they died or when, I left home at 16 to live with my sister in Oshawa, and we didn't have any pets there, but where we lived there was a big old dog (belonging to a lady who we room and boarded with). He was so funny. I was in College, and a couple times a week, I would bring him an ice cream on the way home from school, as it was close, and I can see him now, running up the longgggg driveway on Ritson Road, to meet me and get his ice cream. He was called Laddie. He had fleas and drove my sister crazy.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 04:39 PM

I still cry and think about my last Cat Billy, although he was very vicious to everyone, I know he loved us, he got run over at 7am on our busy road here and he struggled to get home in the front garden, for the first time in his life, he let me pick him up and cuddle him and he died in my arms before I could get him to the Vets, but at least he knew I was carrying him as he was looking at me all the way to the Vets, then he went into a Coma and died just as the Vets opened the door to me.
Beautiful Filly
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I still cry and think about my last Cat Billy, although he was very vicious to everyone, I know he loved us, he got run over at 7am on our busy road here and he struggled to get home in the front garden, for the first time in his life, he let me pick him up and cuddle him and he died in my arms before I could get him to the Vets, but at least he knew I was carrying him as he was looking at me all the way to the Vets, then he went into a Coma and died just as the Vets opened the door to me.

Oh susie...that is such a sad memory that you have. I am so sorry for your loss.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

12-10-2018, 04:48 PM

Oh Susie, I am so sorry to hear this.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 04:48 PM

Thanks BF & WB.

I have always lived with Cats, my Parents and my Nan always had Pets.

I have a House full of photos of my Cats.

Billy was 12 years old when he passed away, that is why we bought Coco as my Husband was lost without a Cat and I said it would have to be a House Cat next time because I can't go through that again.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

12-10-2018, 04:50 PM

THAT IS BILLY BEFORE HE DIED.
Beautiful Filly

12-10-2018, 04:55 PM

THAT IS BILLY BEFORE HE DIED.
Aww susie...Billy looks like a tabby and a very handsome one, indeed...
Beautiful Filly

12-10-2018, 05:02 PM

Thanks BF & WB.

I have always lived with Cats, my Parents and my Nan always had Pets.

I have a House full of photos of my Cats.

Billy was 12 years old when he passed away, that is why we bought Coco as my Husband was lost without a Cat and I said it would have to be a House Cat next time because I can't go through that again.
Hi Susie...I was just going to post that all of my cats had been indoor ones...then I remembered that one wasn't. I was 12 when we got Tassy and moved to the country shortly after. It was all farmland in Scarborough back then...and we had two piggeries near by, one behind our house and the other across the road.

Tassy was an outdoor cat who stayed out all night and came home in the morning... One summer night...the piggery behind us burnt down...and we never saw Tassy again...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top