Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 03:58 PM

Re: Canada Legalises Cannabis...

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Wanna nice rubdown, Tara?
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I think its high time they legalised it for medicinal purposes. Its been proved to help with such as MS, Ataxia, motor neurone disease and other debilitating illnesses. Those people suffer dreadfully and if they could get some, any kind of relief to their symptoms then I am all for it. I know if I had any of those terrible diseases I would give it a try.

I also think legalising cannabis would put the evil drug dealers out of business who add the lethal additions into the cannabis which is more damaging than pure cannabis.

If people want to have a smoke after a hard stressful day in the privacy of their own home then it's their business. I wouldn't want to smoke it myself but I wouldn't mind trying a space cake, only joking before someone jumps on me

I am with you on most Queeny.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 04:29 PM

If it is used responsibly no problem. Drug drving concern for those who believe nothing has been done to stop motorists driving when stoned.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 04:46 PM

Hi

Canada is licensing producers as well well as suppliers so they can control the potency and purity of the Cannabis.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Great opening post, OGF I agree completely.

I'm surprised that this has actually been passed Canada's government to be honest. How are they going to monitor the fact that there are many different forms cannabis can be processed as? Unless they have one main manufacturer and produce the drug as a stimulant which is relatively harmless, they will end up with everybody growing their own hashish, wacky backy, dope, ganga...you name it. All with different strengths to them.

I guess the majority of people on this forum have never tried cannabis and are merely commenting from what they have heard about marijuana and its offshoots, but yes, I have had cannabis before mostly at rock concerts (and during my time in Her Maj's Forces hush hush!) and it does relax the mood and make people giggly - I reckon Louise Minchin and other breakfast TV presenters are taking it every morning the way they carry on - and is harmless in that context. It just creates a pleasant buzz like alcohol does, but only in small quantities.

But to make it legal anywhere is asking for trouble. As has been said, one of the main issues is driving under the influence and Canada's police will have their work cut out trying to argue with motorists from this day on.

Canada - not a cool idea.
Thanks Floydy, good post.....
I totally agree that it should be made available on prescription for people suffering chronic long lasting pain, where the quality and strength of the product can be controlled.
Smoking, although harmful over long periods, does not affect a person's competence to drive or operate machinery. Alcohol and drugs do.....The drug dealers will continue pushing hard drugs, cocaine and pills, and I doubt it will make any difference to them whatsoever.
And the government will see it as another cash cow claiming most of the cost in taxes.
While most of the population will be at home off their heads taking time off work, the sick pay and loss of income tax can be offset by the Cannabis tax.....If it helps to raise my pension, then yes, lets go for it....

But I wonder how many supporters will feel the same when some smackhead mows down one of their loved ones......
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:06 PM

Well I think it's great.

This way they can not only put the criminals out of business, but by controlling the source they can stop people ending up with the bad stuff that causes psychosis.

Cannabis does not lead to hard drugs, it's the people who currently sell it that do that. If you remove those individuals you should be able to break the link between a non addictive substance and the addictive highs.

It is a danger to drivers though. They will need to address that.

They should certainly legalise medicinal cannabis. There's no risk of psychosis from that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:10 PM

I don’t know much about Cannibas but I can recognise the horrible smell.
If a responsible country like Canada legalises it, then it must be ok.
Besides, anything goes these days. There are worse things.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
T.The drug dealers will continue pushing hard drugs, cocaine and pills, and I doubt it will make any difference to them whatsoever.
I will watch with interest to see whether hard drug use among new users will decrease in Canada following this move. I don't think most youngsters would go right into the hard stuff. They would try cannabis first and then be tempted with the promise of more spectacular highs.

It's great that they are giving an amnesty to all those who have cannabis as a criminal record. I am just happy that it will break through the whole nasty criminal network. They must be in shock today.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Floydy, good post.....
I totally agree that it should be made available on prescription for people suffering chronic long lasting pain, where the quality and strength of the product can be controlled.
Smoking, although harmful over long periods, does not affect a person's competence to drive or operate machinery. Alcohol and drugs do.....The drug dealers will continue pushing hard drugs, cocaine and pills, and I doubt it will make any difference to them whatsoever.
And the government will see it as another cash cow claiming most of the cost in taxes.
While most of the population will be at home off their heads taking time off work, the sick pay and loss of income tax can be offset by the Cannabis tax.....If it helps to raise my pension, then yes, lets go for it....

But I wonder how many supporters will feel the same when some smackhead mows down one of their loved ones......

Even with our staid old Victorian governing rules where things take an age to get done in this country, I bet they're thinking right now about the possibilty of another cash cow, as you rightly commnent there, Bob. We don't have Mary Whitehouse around now to dissuade them lol.

You're also right about the workplace. Some people I see leaving the days shift as I come in look wired already, so I can see our vending machines being loaded with Cannabis Coke and Ganga cookies. Lord knows, you can get Hobgoblin crisps, so why not

I'd rather contribute to your pension legally, Bob, if I may
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well I think it's great.

This way they can not only put the criminals out of business, but by controlling the source they can stop people ending up with the bad stuff that causes psychosis.

Cannabis does not lead to hard drugs, it's the people who currently sell it that do that. If you remove those individuals you should be able to break the link between a non addictive substance and the addictive highs, get em' hooked....

It is a danger to drivers though. They will need to address that.

They should certainly legalise medicinal cannabis. There's no risk of psychosis from that.
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I will watch with interest to see whether hard drug use among new users will decrease in Canada following this move. I don't think most youngsters would go right into the hard stuff. They would try cannabis first and then be tempted with the promise of more spectacular highs.

It's great that they are giving an amnesty to all those who have cannabis as a criminal record. I am just happy that it will break through the whole nasty criminal network. They must be in shock today.
Bit of a contradiction there Annie.....
I believe It's the thin end of the wedge......
There's not much money in the sale of cannabis, indeed you can grow the stuff at home.
Most dealers want to push more higher priced, and more addictive dangerous drugs, but they would start kids off with Cannabis or already legal highs.

There is plenty of research suggesting links between long term use of Cannabis and mental problems Annie..... But I must agree with an earlier post that pointed out that some supposedly harmless foods are are just as addictive and dangerous to health as Cannabis. They might make you obese but they don't screw with your head.

It's our job as elders to add some common sense to society, and make sure our young people know the difference between right and wrong, and instill some morals and decency, but we seem to be failing hopelessly.....

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top