Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 07:49 PM

Accident Prone Dog

Afew weeks ago my dog broke a small bone in his back paw and was on anti biotics, then anti inflamatory tablets, my vet said stop him from running around for a few weeks and then go back to see how he was,he has improved, the swelling gone down and he is due back to see the vet next week, then about an hour ago he rushed out of the house and up/down the garedn before we could stop him, we had been out a long time and he was full of energy, now he has pulled a claw, which was a funny shape already ,and made it bleed, so its bac to the vets tomorrow morning, the accident happened just after vet closing time, they do have an emergency practice but we dont have a car so cant get there
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 07:53 PM

Re: Accident Prone Dog

I'm sure they do it to annoy us sometimes deylon.
Stick his paw in a bowl of salt water (about 1 teaspoonful to a pint of tepid water), to clean and disinfect it and see what he's like in the morning.
If you go to the vets, ask him to check and see if his others want trimming.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 09:04 PM

Goodness I'm certain they do it deliberately to worry us, I hope your dog is OK overnight. Do what mups suggested keeping out infection is the most important thing.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 10:13 PM

Dogs and small children....They always get sick/have accidents after hours or on bank holiday weekends and if you have more than one they get sick two days after each other just so that you have to do extra visits to the doctor/vet..
Im sure they plan it.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 07:47 PM

The claw was still hanging on this morning ,so back up the vets we go, he was aneathetised and operated on, I felt awful leaving him, being a rescue dog he must have thought he was being abandoned again, we were able to bring him home just after 5 pm, he has had some special food from the vet and looking brighter , a big pink badage on his foot,and a plastic collar to stop him nibbling it, he has to go back to vets tomorrow for dressing change. I was considering getting new carpets for stairs & hall , imy dreams in tatters now,hopefully Ill get back some money from insurance , but not all
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 07:51 PM

Of course I can't see the damage from here deylon, but that seems pretty drastic treatment on the surface - and why 'special feed' for heavens sake?
Did you ask why he needed that?

Poor you, and poor dog . . . and rich vet.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top