Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 06:31 PM

Alcohol, when did you start liking it?

Assuming of course that you partake, as a kid I used to see my dad or one of my uncles drinking beer, and thought how marvelous it must be,and after much nattering on my part my dad gave in and gave me a sip, well I thought it was the vilest substance known to man, and I could not see what they saw in it, but later on as I started going around town with my mates ( at 16 I might add) beer seemed wonderful, even though I often over indulged, so why do, people develop a taste for it I guess our taste change as we get older.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 06:49 PM

Re: Alcohol, when did you start liking it?

LOL. That would have been the disco pubs in town where I knew I was safe from my dad ever setting foot in. I was only 16 but my friends and I used to get away with ordering a half pint glass of Cider. I would also order a Schweppes Orange Juice as well so if any of my brothers came in, they would see me pick the SOJ up as if that was my drink.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 07:17 PM

I started playing in a darts team aged 16 & I used to drink Babycham.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 07:20 PM

I think a lot of the youngsters drink it partly because they feel obliged to, in order to be accepted in their group, and also because of the effect it has - it's probably a giggle to them to be pie-eyed.

I don't believe they do have to actually 'like' it, but they like the effect.

I can't remember when I had my first drink, probably about 16 or so.
I used to like Babycham in those days.
I later went on to Gin & lime I think. Wouldn't fancy that at all nowadays though.
I rarely have anything but a glass of wine now - oh, unless I have made some Sloe Gin in the autumn.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 07:27 PM

I was drinking my Nan's Babycham, Advocaat and cherry brandy when I was very young and started drinking beer when I was about 13. Strangely though, I never got hooked and I hardly ever drink alcohol now , maybe once or twice per year.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 07:35 PM

I enjoy a pint of lager or a glass of white wine with a meal out but that is my limit I'm afraid, I never could drink more than three pints even in my 20's without becoming embarrassingly drunk. Hasn't half saved me some money over the years though.....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 08:02 PM

I only drink, smoke, have sex 'cos I think they are all still kinda cool......
Project Brenda
United Kingdom
Project Brenda is female 

20-07-2017, 08:06 PM

I was 15, it was a Monday lunchtime some girls and I went to one of their houses just around the corner from school to chill out, we decided to raid her Dads wine rack, as you do, we got a bit carried away and ended up a bit drunk. Of course, when we got back we were busted and were all suspended for four days, it was great fun.

It didn't put me off drinking alcohol, I still love it and have now progressed to Bacardi
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I only drink, smoke, have sex 'cos I think they are all still kinda cool......
You are not alone...... Or perhaps you are.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You are not alone...... Or perhaps you are.
Live fast, die young and be a good looking corpse mate.
If I go early, then sod it - at least I enjoyed meself...............

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top