Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 05:53 PM

Re: Why we are fatter today

I read this a few years ago don't know how true it was but will try to find a link

A medical experiment was carried out on a bunch of fat people.

They were fed with biggish meals, they eat up all the food that was placed before them

Then the next day they were feed the same sized meals but were blind folded they could not finish the food because they felt full.

That has got to be in the mind, maybe you were told as a child that you had to finish your meal was the cause.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Lettuce braised in chicken stock with peas, a dollop of butter and a dash of cream - YUM
Never heard of that before.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I read this a few years ago don't know how true it was but will try to find a link

A medical experiment was carried out on a bunch of fat people.

They were fed with biggish meals, they eat up all the food that was placed before them

Then the next day they were feed the same sized meals but were blind folded they could not finish the food because they felt full.

That has got to be in the mind, maybe you were told as a child that you had to finish your meal was the cause.
Found this don't think it was the original one I read years ago but says the same as the point I was making

People are fat because they eat to much.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...el-fuller.html
John leave
Hertfordshire
John leave is male  John leave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 09:27 PM

When I was a kid a few years ago I was always to, wast not want not, it might have something to do with the fact my parent's lived through 2 wars. The problem with that attitude today if food is plentiful.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 08:53 AM

Why Can French people eat lots of Dairy food like butter, cream and cheese and drink wine every day yet most are slim and healthy?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
yes and they penalize the poorer families by sticking extra sugar and additivies in that cheap food. It's so wrong.
I think lack of the ability to cook is a contributory factor to obesity. There is no reason why families poor or otherwise should be eating 'extra sugar and additives' if they prepared their own food.
It is possible to eat very well and healthily on a low income with a bit of planning and the right attitude.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

17-08-2018, 08:27 PM

Any one reading this who is fat understand this you are over weight because you eat to much.

So you eat to much no matter what you eat no matter if you exicese to get rid of the weight which does help for a short time but you will still stay fat because you eat to much.

Nothing to do with certain foods its because you eat to much.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
yes and they penalize the poorer families by sticking extra sugar and additivies in that cheap food. It's so wrong.

Total bull

There is no sugar or additives in food that is natural, as in Vegas out of the ground or meat that is cut and sold from the animal

I have an extremely tight budget, and when I say tight, it squeaks . but I can feed all three of us extremely well on non processed food , the difference is, I can cook
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 10:40 PM

I'm not fatter. I watch my weight and exercise. When I notice I've begun to put on weight, I cut back. Now, I do weigh 12 lbs more than when I graduated from high school. I've noticed when I allow myself to get back down to the high school weight, I look emaciated.

I'm from along line of obese women. I determined early on that it was not going to be me.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Total bull

There is no sugar or additives in food that is natural, as in Vegas out of the ground or meat that is cut and sold from the animal

I have an extremely tight budget, and when I say tight, it squeaks . but I can feed all three of us extremely well on non processed food , the difference is, I can cook
Oh dear, I was talking about cheap processed, ready meals and convenience foods that a lot of poor people tend to buy. Of course they are making bad food choices but the supermarkets do stick more fat and sugar in those meals so I hardly call that bull.

As it happens I eat very well too but unfortunately a lot of people make bad choices and are too lazy to cook

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top