Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 10:07 PM

Re: The Spratly Islands Paradise?

one air-force base for so many islands, I hardly think so - doesn't seem a good swop - but who knows - it's like an everlasting game of drafts!
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 11:06 PM

China says the US Navy warship has no business coming in close to one of its artificial islands in the south China Sea. They said it’s “a very serious provocation, politically and militarily.”

Is the US right to intervene?
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 11:15 PM

No its about time the USA minded its own business.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 11:18 PM

I've been following this one for the last few weeks,.
Whew .. yet another global hotspot by the looks of it.

The US should keep their neb out.
Though I admit I'm a little confused as so many countries seem to claim ownership .....
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 11:24 PM

I wish the US would keep out of things...
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 11:40 PM

the mexican is on again ! - USA has sailed a warheaded shi into the 12 mile zone which China has unilaterally installed around the Spratley Isles. China continues to build bases and other international countries continue to provoke China. this time the Ambassador to China/SA was summoned to appear and rebuked!

and so the drama continues. HOwever no one can stop China building

if you care to read about the history of the Spratley Isles over the past few hundred years you will find that it has been fought over lost and won and changed hands many times - that is why the Philippines; south korea;Japan; China; Vietnam; Malaysia and others all lay claim historically to this valuable piece of ocean. In my view China is attempting as it did inn tibet to steal land and not negotiate - and that is why USA, Canada and other western powers are buzzing them from the waters and the air. don't always consider the USA to be aggressors so can China be
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
the mexican is on again ! - USA has sailed a warheaded shi into the 12 mile zone which China has unilaterally installed around the Spratley Isles. China continues to build bases and other international countries continue to provoke China. this time the Ambassador to China/SA was summoned to appear and rebuked!

and so the drama continues. HOwever no one can stop China building

if you care to read about the history of the Spratley Isles over the past few hundred years you will find that it has been fought over lost and won and changed hands many times - that is why the Philippines; south korea;Japan; China; Vietnam; Malaysia and others all lay claim historically to this valuable piece of ocean. In my view China is attempting as it did inn tibet to steal land and not negotiate - and that is why USA, Canada and other western powers are buzzing them from the waters and the air. don't always consider the USA to be aggressors so can China be

America has 'form' in poking its nose in - they did so in Vietnam, and got their arses severely kicked, they did again in Libya, Afghanistan & Iraq. In the latter two, as in Vietnam, it cost them dearly in lives lost.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

28-10-2015, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
America has 'form' in poking its nose in - they did so in Vietnam, and got their arses severely kicked, they did again in Libya, Afghanistan & Iraq. In the latter two, as in Vietnam, it cost them dearly in lives lost.
all of the countries I mentioned welcome the support of USA and others if possible - china is a big bully
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 11:00 AM

[QUOTE=gumbud;730105]all of the countries I mentioned welcome the support of USA and others if possible - china is a big bully[/QUOTE]

So too is America - in fact more so.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 06:03 PM

Hear hear uncle Joe!!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top