Join for free
Page 144 of 370 « First < 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 244 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 04:16 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Floydy is back!
But it's trying to fit everything in isn't it?
The weather is gorgeous, so I've managed a quick half hour the past couple of days in the sun. meanwhile I have to pick up the girl from school, do a million things around the house (like fixing a bloody shower leak at 6.30am this morning!), adding albums to my big thread and so on. I HATE nights with a vengeance now as my life is running out rapidly. Driving me mad trying to do everything and I can't wait until I'm able to get off them.
So yes folks, wish I was retired and had all the time in the world, but it just isn't possible of course. I have to make do with what time I have without any pressure to be honest. I don't even have time at work to pop in here like I used to.
End of a rant I didn't need.

But I have been popping in here and reading. I wish I could keep up with it but I can't, so I'm sitting here now rushing this post as it's the only time I can get it done. Please ignore my inarticulate bombardment of words as I quickly get on with it:

That alligator looks a fearsome beast, Surfermom, you were lucky there but I guess you see them all the time in your neck of the woods. Florida is a zillion miles away from my gloom and doom over here.

Bob, you're doing fantastically well with your jogging again. keep that up mate.

I managed a mid-week session, I had to because it was playing on my mind, despite rather being in the lovely sunshine. I haven't got time for the intricate details at times like this, but I'll say that it went well and I completed all my exercises I needed to do in 45 minutes flat.

Again, I am sorry to rush through things.
Tomorrow we have the granddaughter overnight, so my proposed second big new session will not happen for a week. We will be going out for tea.
Food shopping all Saturday morning and as you know, my Saturday afternoons out with my mates is absolutely essential. My only time of relaxation and it keeps me more or less sane and of sound mind to chill out with a few drinks, so my social life will always be a huge necessity.

I have to get a legs session in Sunday at all costs as it keeps my knees moving, so that will have to be fitted in.

Time to get tea ready now, then my pre-work sleep and work itself yet again. Hell, I'm fed up with life right now.

Take care folks, and sorry for my outburst - it's not directed at you, it's my sheer frustration of not having any sodding time anymore
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 04:39 PM

Well I did it!

It was the usual three and a bit miles across the Common and over a couple of roads and into and around he new venue, then coffee (some had beer!!) and a nice rest and cool down in the shade (me) for half an hour, then back the way we came, so in the end it worked out at over six miles.
Woo! Hoo!!

But...I couldn't have done it all in one go, and the last few hundred yards I really had to concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other!!

Floydy don't worry about the rant!!
This place is an escape and fun, don't let it become a pressure to post.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 05:29 PM

Good on you, Ruthio. Well done
Really nice day too, so an enjoyable walk I reckon.

I'll be fine btw, I just get fed up with work. Catch 22 situation.
Last night tonight then it's the weekend!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 05:37 PM

getting in and out of bed for regular exercise
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-04-2018, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
getting in and out of bed for regular exercise
Hate to say this, realspeed, but I think very soon that's all I'll have time for myself!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 04:35 AM

Realspeed, glad to see you sticking with your program. It's how we do what do, that matters. The only real competition is in the mirror .

Ruthio, I knew you would do it! Congratulations! A nice day out, a well-earned rest midway, and then a respectable u-turn to burn off the treats sounds like a good workout to me! The way your group incorporates a social element to exercise must bring people back again and again.

Floydy, it's the weekend! You sound like you are trying to do it all, and there is nothing wrong with cutting back here and there, especially the forum where your presence should always be for pleasure, not for obligation. Nice job on getting that workout in, and have a great time with your friends tomorrow night. Work to live, Floydy! .

After catching up with a friend for lunch down the coast, I squeezed in the first summer-like run of the season that left me drenched and drained afterwards. Here comes the conditioning!

OGF, when will the fourth outing be? I always run in motion control shoes with orthotics good form and to avoid both achilles and plantars fascitis with all this beach running. It's so tempting to run in bare feet, and sometimes I cheat and run a mile or so bare-footed, but what you have read is true about surfaces too soft.

Today's run will enable me to will sleep like a rock tonight, but not before tackling some late-night editing. Pass the coffee please.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 10:48 AM

Nice work Ruthio, and remember, the greatest expedition started with the first step, or in your case the first six miles.........Let this be the beginning of something wonderful, while at the same time keeping you in good shape....

I agree with Ruthio and Surfermom Floydy, you should write on here as an escape from reality, not as a chore that must be done. I'm sorry for perhaps putting you under a bit of pressure by wondering where you were. The pressures of employment, and indeed life in general can drive a man to drink, but remember, these pressures are only temporary and tomorrow you might approach things in a completely different frame of mind....

You would think that being retired gave you all the time in the world (it has been mentioned) but when you have been married to the 'Project Manager' for over forty years it's like being at work twenty four seven!....

My next outing will be Sunday Surfermom, when skipping round an interesting five mile route in the country will have to be completed early, in time to take my seat on the sofa to watch the 'London Marathon' it's become a bit of a habit these days since running it in 1989....Blimey! was it that long ago?.....

Come on Realspeed! get out into the country for a walk and post us some good photos of the wildlife or even joggers. I've seen your photography, and it's pretty good, it would certainly brighten this place up.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 12:12 AM

OGF is spot on about retirement, Floydy, or at least a hiatus, in which I find myself. I miss my colleagues, the challenges, job satisfaction, and organized me in which I never procrastinated anything. Try to find little slices of happiness where you can. Your time with your little granddaughter, for example, is a diamond right under your nose. How many people would envy that kind of relationship! Your wife had a close call and, now healthy, will be holding your hand as you sail into full or partial retirement. From my vantage point, your ship is sailing steady. Keep the course and enjoy the sunrises~

I am sitting here waiting for some friends who talked me into going to a downtown event in which they close the streets and open all the shops late. Each shop has an artist displaying their work, so people wind in and out of the shops and wine bars enjoying the music and evening. It's aptly named Gallery Night.

After all the advice I pitch around here, all I want to do is light some candles, put on some beach music, (no jazz - ), and enjoy a good book, but my good sense is telling me it's time to get out and about, and that I will have an enjoyable time... sigh, ok, I guess I'll go....

Running today was strange because I was preoccupied with my To Do list and a few nagging things, and though my time was not so hot, my distance was, and I managed to run six. I am starting to notice a little inflammation...is is arthritis...that is lingering. Hmmm. More stretching? More yoga? An occasional ibuprofen? It's not bad, just there.

It seems that I have driven you all down a dead end lane that is full of boring details, so give me a second to turn this car around and send you down a sunny, green lane.

You sleep and I'll go be social.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

21-04-2018, 02:55 AM

Bob, Suzie and others –
Can't sleep as usual, but that's normal for me these days...

I must refrain from banging on with all my whingeing and moaning about work all the time and the stress it puts upon me; it’s not right to share this hassle with you all, and I apologise for my constant whining. Life WILL certainly get much better when my horrendous loan is settled in a couple of years’ time and I can get back to normality after soooo many years of debt. That’s what credit cards do for you!

I am extremely grateful for your support though with all this, it’s just life. Some people have it all sewn up, others it’s more difficult. There are far more people worse off and I must get myself sorted out to put things into perspective. I have a great family – my wife, her two daughters, two grandkids and a bunch of fantastic friends. I am not driven to drink as you may think though – that is my social life. Three hours once a week to retain some kind of balance and sanity with a bunch of lifelong mates having a chat a few sociable drinks is not a bad thing when you work nights all week. It’s essential to have this time to unwind and I do not go over the top. It’s a time to wind down and is essential.

I think that other thread of mine was too much to take on in the end, but we're on the home run with it now and I have to stick it out for the members who post in there. They want to see where their favourite albums are, and besides all the time it takes me to assemble those posts, I do enjoy it myself. But it's all about perspective and priorities and I've never been that good with either!

When I get time, I will be back training again, Sunday will definitely be a legs session anyway. Wish I could train today and do my big weekend workout, but as I said earlier I have a month’s shopping to do, spend some time with my granddaughter and this afternoon I’ll be in Beverley, which is not far from me, for a few drinks and conversation with a friend (just the one this week as everyone else is busy or not well enough to go out).

Suzie, hope the evening went well at the Gallery Night out (as I’ve mentioned elsewhere on here), treasure your time out, whatever that may be. It’s all time to relax and chill so it’s worth cherishing. Please keep us informed about your perhaps worrying niggles setting in with your training issues - get it checked out. Hopefully it's nothing much but you should get it checked out.

Oh and Bob – Don’t worry bud, I have my very own Project Manager – though I refer to my taskmaster as “Head Office”. She is awesome with her talent for sticking Post-It notes everywhere, but she is amazing and I couldn’t live without her, whatever the chores she has lined up for me are.

I am really grateful for this thread, it's more than a basic workout plan for an ageing bodybuilder, as I thought it might be when I began it nearly two years ago now. It's a little community we have going on and it's great that we can all discuss our lives which extend beyond our fitness tales.

Thanks again all
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:41 PM

Good post Floydy, and it's always good to hear from you whatever you have to say. If you want to moan and get it off your chest that's fine, I've done my share, and I'll be the first to say that it has helped me to see a problem in a different light after reading replies and comments from other members, including yourself. We've all been there and being an over fifties forum we have such a wealth of experience and wisdom, even if it's just a sympathetic ear....Keep posting when you can mate.....

I was foraging around in the loft the other day and came across a dumbell I made when I worked as an engineer, I used to do a few curls? to strengthen up my arms. So Guess what? I thought I'll knock out twenty with each arm and get to look like Floydy after a few weeks... Problem is, I couldn't straighten my arm later on in the day....
What have I done wrong Floydy? .....Signed......Nobhead from Doncaster....

So because the thread is 'Post your daily exercise routine' and not 'buggering about in the loft thinking I was thirty again' It's back to the O/P.....
Well done to the girl who came second on the 'Boston Marathon' yesterday, only her second ever marathon...Wow something to ponder on while hurtling round a five mile route in the morning....Then sit on my arse eating a fry up (courtesy of McDonalds) watching the 'London Marathon'.....
Question.....How do you know you're getting old?????
Because you sit watching marathons and talking about them and don't run them anymore!

Page 144 of 370 « First < 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 244 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top