Join for free
Page 155 of 370 « First < 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 07:42 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hello Floyd, just found your topic,i jog about 4x a week,i used to go to the gym,but then decided to buy a home gym,i have a twist and shape,5 minute pro shaper,i also lift weights,...i am so glad i keep fit,the benefits are enormous, ..but i also have to watch what i eat.
Hi Pauline.
Great to see a new face in here and read about your exercise habits.
Yes, it's great to keep in shape but the diet is just as important. I tend to fall apart there at the weekends, so increase my exercise to off-set it.
Keep posting, the more the merrier in here
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 03:25 PM

Hi, Pauline!

What a very solid program you have, and I am thrilled you have found these threads.

You sound like you are enjoying the benefits of that hard work. How often do your do your home gym work?

It's lovely to have you here. I am soon off for a run myself and will check in later.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 04:48 PM

Thank you Floyd,supermom,for the welcome,

Is that you're picture on profile page Floyd?...you look as if you have built a lot of muscle,are you on a special diet?Looking at your apparatus topic,most of those machines are muscle building, am i right?..how long do you work out for?..what hve the benefits been for you?..my personal trainer friend,her husband is a body builder,no matter what,he has to work out 5x week,..i know this sounds a daft question, but what would happen if he stopped body building?

Hi supermom,i work out 5x week,i just like to keep fit,i spend 20mins on the twist and shape,the 5 minute pro shaper,i haven't had long,I'm lucky if i can do a minute,lol,first time i used it,i was in agony,after a couple of day's, when everything healed,i use it every day,i love my exercise, i couldn't live without it,every opportunity i get,i jog,i love jogging, ....how about you supermom,tell me all about your routine? ...i coukd talk exercise all day,lol.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 04:26 AM

Is that you're picture on profile page Floyd?...you look as if you have built a lot of muscle,are you on a special diet?Looking at your apparatus topic,most of those machines are muscle building, am i right?..how long do you work out for?..what hve the benefits been for you?..my personal trainer friend,her husband is a body builder,no matter what,he has to work out 5x week,..i know this sounds a daft question, but what would happen if he stopped body building?
Hi Pauline.
A lovely reply, thanks for your interest
Yes that is me on my profile page, er, of course Same with all the pics in my photo album on here. With the exception of the black and white photo, which was taken about ten years ago when I was past my peak in bulking terms but I still had a fair bit of muscle, the others are from the past couple of years. I must get some more to keep the page updated! But I'm 53 now so I'm quite pleased that I'm still in half decent shape I guess!

The photos of the exercise apparatus are not bodybuilding machines as such, they can be used by anybody. In fact, I'd say most bodybuilders/strongmen use free weights to build muscle in a serious way, with the machines being used by all and sundry as supplementary exercises - for high repetitions, lighter programmes etc.
I don't 'bodybuild' as such anymore but I do still use most of the exercises a bodybuilder would employ, albeit in a lighter, more sensible manner as befits my age. This keeps me relatively toned as as fit as I can be due to time and energy levels. I've been focusing more on high reps than strength although you will see that my 'weekend' workout session still is geared towards keeping my strength and muscle form in check, though I'm lifting about half of what I would be doing say, 15-20 years ago. There's no point still trying to get stronger as we lose muscle mass so you're defeating the object there when fitness is the plan. Having said that, I put in a personal best ever lift simply using my arms on a curl bar last weekend, so that temptation to better myself is still present, however foolish I may push myself sometimes! Oh, and my diet is pretty normal these days, though I watch the fat and sugar content a lot more, which is a belly-conscious thing!

So back to your post, I train for roughly an hour twice a week, with a near-two hour session at the end of the week, plus a legs workout on a Sunday usually.
Your PT friend's husband being a bodybuilder and training 5+ days per week I'm suspecting he's a much younger man than myself, or has plenty of time. I like your question "What would happen if he stopped bodybuilding?". Well, nothing really untoward unless he stopped keeping himself in shape and stopped watching his diet, which if he's into his training this much he sounds pretty much the same as myself...he'll lose a little muscle mass over the years but keep training till he drops I guess!

Great to see a new face in here, Pauline. I', sure the regulars here will be keeping an eye on your exercise exploits with interest as you certainly are still very into it all.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-05-2018, 11:42 AM

This was a terrible, abysmal session at the gym. I had no energy, I felt nauseous and I had to cut short many of my exercises and some were cancelled completely.
After that rather positive introduction (!) I must deduct that my lack of gumption was due to my looking after my granddaughter and pigging out yesterday firstly at McDonald’s, then a very large bar of Galaxy and three bottles of beer in front of the TV last night, followed by another meal – a meal-for-two Indian (for just myself!) at 10pm, swiftly followed by bed on a full, mixed up stomach
Hence, this morning I was just a mess. Another thing which doesn’t help was my body clock being out of synch and not getting my regular two hours of sleep at 6pm!
The 7-year-old has been sick this morning too, so I’m not alone in feeling utterly deflated today.

But I was determined to get to the gym and after a lie in until 9.30am this morning, I dragged myself shuffling to the gym feeling not at all ready for anything. But train I did, ditching my proposed “strength session” in favour of some lighter high reps – all those quick bursts of “power” not being too effective whatsoever. Lethargic was not the word, I was positively dying in there…

Saturday, 19 May 18: High reps.
(All weights in kgs)

DB press:
20x18, 12x20

Chest press:
30x30, 25x40

Pec dec:
25x30, 25x35

Single DB press:
30x40, 25x48

Fly dec:
30x50, 30x65

Tricep extensions:
50x30, 20x40

Barbell curl, standing:
25x25, 10x30

E-Z preacher curl, c/g:
25x23, 15x28

E-Z preacher curl, w/g:
17x18, 10x23

Ab crunch:
30x30

Sled press:
50x100

50mins.

It looks okay on paper but compared to my normal session on a weekend, or even a standard quick reps routine, this was dreadful.
A quick coffee now and I’m out for a quick pint. I don’t want to be anywhere near that bloody wedding!

Thanks for reading. Hopefully tomorrow I can catch up with this and perform rather better!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 12:38 PM

Thanks for the info Floyd,

Oh dear regarding what you ate,no wonder you didn't work out,a McDonald's, tut tut,..only joking, same here,i do pig out very occasionally on chocolate, eating the whole bar,but when it's in my system,i feel like crap,so lethargic, horrible feeling,crisps are another down fall of mine,...but i have done my routine this morning, been out jogging, so feeling quite invigorated, ..sometimes it is so hard to exercise, so easy to say,oh can't be bothered, ..but I find it is a mind set,and to be honest,if i dont exercise for a couple of days,..my body tells me to exercise, if you get my meaning.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-05-2018, 01:24 PM

I have just bought a hula hoop,takes me back to my childhood, ..apparently very good for the waist line.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 02:34 PM

Good morning, Pauline and well done on your run this morning! Do you track your pace and distance, or just go! We seem to be like minded; I typically run six days a week and likewise do step aerobics with three to five pound weights. I do a little surfing and paddle boarding too, but consider those to be more fun than fitness activities - though there are times in which my muscles say otherwise the next day. Your purchase of a hula hoop tickles me no end! I have a few in the garage that the kids used to use for a game called "Castle". Maybe it's a good time to break one out again for my lateral muscles....

No worries, I will spare the forum any video of any said hula hoop attempts .

Aww, Floydy, your poor little granddaughter. I hope this finds her feeling better. I had to look up "Galaxy Bars" as they aren't sold here, but that was some kind of assault to your body. Sorry you were both so nauseated; my father used to coarsely joke with us when were sick "What goes down, must come up!" I recall my mother wanting to throttle him over it.

You still managed to get some kind of workout in, which is great. Your body will recognize that you are back on track, and stop sending all the signals to behave yourself .

You have me thinking. What is going on physiologically when we have a bad day? After all, we have the same muscles, same physique as we did just the day or two prior in which our workouts seem so easy. If we are physically "tired" what is that? Some days I think I could literally run into the sunset, while others I feel like a human sack of potatoes. Strange isn't it?

Well, back to the topic on hand. I hope you and that sweet girl of your have another chance to have a Granddad's Night. You do know that this is the kind of thing she will remember the rest of her life, and that Floydy, is as good as it gets.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

20-05-2018, 07:25 AM

Good morning surfermum, i can see by your profile pic,that you keep yourself fit,you look tiny,
to be honest,when i jog,i just get up and go,i take the same route,which is around two miles,there is a very steep hill on this run,good for the leg muscle,iused to jog every day,but my personal trainer advised me not too,as jogging on the pavement, is not good on the shock absorbers, lol,...i walk to the shops a lot, but instead of walk,i jog most times,all exercise, which obviously is beneficial, ....as for that hula hoop i bought,i can't keep it up for long,what am i doing wrong?.....maybe thinking I'm still 14!..haaaa,i wish,..seriously i think i need to wear a crop top,and place the hoop under the breastbone,
and "no"iwont be wearing that crop top outside with mehula hoop,only in the privacy of my own home,lol.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

20-05-2018, 11:09 AM

Thanks for the info Floyd,

Oh dear regarding what you ate,no wonder you didn't work out,a McDonald's, tut tut,..only joking, same here,i do pig out very occasionally on chocolate, eating the whole bar,but when it's in my system,i feel like crap,so lethargic, horrible feeling,crisps are another down fall of mine,...but i have done my routine this morning, been out jogging, so feeling quite invigorated, ..sometimes it is so hard to exercise, so easy to say,oh can't be bothered, ..but I find it is a mind set,and to be honest,if i dont exercise for a couple of days,..my body tells me to exercise, if you get my meaning.
Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Aww, Floydy, your poor little granddaughter. I hope this finds her feeling better. I had to look up "Galaxy Bars" as they aren't sold here, but that was some kind of assault to your body. Sorry you were both so nauseated; my father used to coarsely joke with us when were sick "What goes down, must come up!" I recall my mother wanting to throttle him over it.

You still managed to get some kind of workout in, which is great. Your body will recognize that you are back on track, and stop sending all the signals to behave yourself .

You have me thinking. What is going on physiologically when we have a bad day? After all, we have the same muscles, same physique as we did just the day or two prior in which our workouts seem so easy. If we are physically "tired" what is that? Some days I think I could literally run into the sunset, while others I feel like a human sack of potatoes. Strange isn't it?

Well, back to the topic on hand. I hope you and that sweet girl of your have another chance to have a Granddad's Night. You do know that this is the kind of thing she will remember the rest of her life, and that Floydy, is as good as it gets.
Thanks both
Well I recovered well enough to have a few drinks with a friend yesterday afternoon (more tut tuts from you both I expect). My social time is extremely important in a week of nights and boring work tasks. So be it.

Interesting points on our bodies and how much rest we need there.
It is strange how sometimes we wake up feeling raring to go at our weights or running, whatever but when we get started we seem to fall apart. I know I get this at the gym - yesterday was an exception and was self-inflicted!) and I give up and go home feeling deflated and annoyed with myself. Other times we're full of beans and energy and put in a fantastic session (or run) (or surf). It's our bodies telling us to take it easy that's all and we should really comply to a certain extent, but not so much that we slob our on the sofa in a sea of gluttony. Not we would do that often, it's in our minds and bodies to keep fit. We are compelled to do so forever, pending health issues.

It's lovely spending time with my granddaughter, yes, but I have strict orders not to spoil her rotten next time! Poor little thing, she missed her ballet class yesterday, but she did enjoy herself the other night, which was nice.

I'll be back later after the gym and my legs session, which is only a half hour workout.

Have a lovely Sunday all.....Bob, you managed to get out running again yet mate? How's the physio going on?

Page 155 of 370 « First < 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top