Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 06:19 PM

Re: Obama Urges UK to Stay In EU! What?!

I think Obama is right - and I don't find him creepy at all. He talks a lot of sense IMO.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 07:00 PM

Strangely, I trust Obama's opinion more than our politicians. He's a good honest man as far as I'm concerned. He's tried his hardest to be a good president.
Now if Trump said we should stay in...
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 07:08 PM

It is obviously in America's interests if we stay in.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Yup, the creepy US President has decided to stick his nose into our affairs.
This after he made a mess of his.
He should keep his flipping nose OUT of our business.
End of!

EU referendum: Barack Obama to urge Britons to back remain vote on UK visit.
Barack Obama will jet into the UK next month and use his star power to convince Britons they should vote to stay in the European Union.

Exclusive: Prospect of intervention is major coup for the pro-EU campaign, but has prompted fury from Brexiteers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6927731.html
Britain is the only State in the EU. It is the only EU State that the U.S. can DEMAND obedience, rather than by much more devious means.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
... I trust Obama's opinion .....
Now if Trump said we should stay in ...
Where do you see the difference? Obama is on the way out. Any influence he exerts upon the UK today will be valid for Trump's term.

Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Britain is the only State in the EU. It is the only EU State that the U.S. can DEMAND obedience, rather than by much more devious means.
Remind me which Planet you come from, is it Ork?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 07:48 PM

Yup, the creepy US President has decided to stick his nose into our affairs.
I don't find Obama the least bit creepy and I think he has every right to express his opinion.

The vote is down to the British public, he can't really do much to influence that .
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

13-03-2016, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Remind me which Planet you come from, is it Ork?
You didn't read the memo? Don't worry, Sweden is the 52nd. We can't wait to get our hands on Julian Assange so that we can bundle him up and put on the first flight to the United Snakes. Your people are making sure he doesn't escape so that you can eventually send him to us ....... knowing very well that we'll put him on that plane. Don't feign ignorance.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't find Obama the least bit creepy and I think he has every right to express his opinion.

The vote is down to the British public, he can't really do much to influence that .
Hi

A very well thought out post in my opinion Meg.

Obama has done well in my view, he has been busy untangling the mess his predecessor got into, he is trying to untangle Guantanimo, has tried to introduce a healthcare system which helps those unable to pay and has brought Iran back into the fold.

He is not perfect, nobody is, however he stands head and shoulders above our bunch.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 08:18 PM

I wouldn't go that far Swims.
If he'd had his way a couple of years back he'd have bombed Assad and dragged us all into a major conflab.
Putin is by far a more astute world class leader.

As to Brexit ... who cares what he says? If he wants to fly to London to jolly along Cameron and try to write some good footnotes to his memorable tenure as President who am I to spoil his fun.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top