Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 06:01 PM

Re: Blatant EU bias

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
How about asking Cameron to pay for it from his family's trust???
Hi

The Out Campaign is getting £7 million from the Taxpayer as well.

In addition, UKIP is allowed to spend £4 million on the Out Campaign.

All in all it is about even Stevens.

It will all depend on who turns up on the day.

The Oldies like us are voting out, the youngsters are voting in, the difference being that us Oldies are far more likely to actually turn up and vote.

My two kids are definitely voting in, their view is simply that all politicians are self serving gits, so it matters not who is in charge and they can earn better money in the EU than out of it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

All in all it is about even Stevens.

It will all depend on who turns up on the day.

The Oldies like us are voting out, the youngsters are voting in, the difference being that us Oldies are far more likely to actually turn up and vote.

My two kids are definitely voting in, their view is simply that all politicians are self serving gits, so it matters not who is in charge and they can earn better money in the EU than out of it.
I still believe that 9.3 million is an excessive amount to produce leaflets to every house in the land, for the following reason:-
Some have made up their minds to stay in, no matter what.
Some have decided to vote "out" for what they believe are good reasons.
This means that only the undecided are likely to read it and unless it is put in very basic language, many may not understand it and others may just throw it in the Bin. What a waste of money!

Nobody can honestly say what the outcome of an "out" vote will be and nobody can guarantee what staying in will bring to the future. Cameron is just afraid that if the public are going to vote on their own instinct, there is a good chance it may not be the decision he wants. This leaflet will just be a clever way of scaremongering so I will be interested to see if anybody has the courage to sign the details printed in it!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 06:37 PM

Hi

Where have those figures come from, please .....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I still believe that 9.3 million is an excessive amount to produce leaflets to every house in the land, for the following reason:-
Some have made up their minds to stay in, no matter what.
Some have decided to vote "out" for what they believe are good reasons.
This means that only the undecided are likely to read it and unless it is put in very basic language, many may not understand it and others may just throw it in the Bin. What a waste of money!

Nobody can honestly say what the outcome of an "out" vote will be and nobody can guarantee what staying in will bring to the future. Cameron is just afraid that if the public are going to vote on their own instinct, there is a good chance it may not be the decision he wants. This leaflet will just be a clever way of scaremongering so I will be interested to see if anybody has the courage to sign the details printed in it!
Hi

In or out is the biggest decision in a generation.

The £9.3 million is peanuts, far less than 1% of what we spend on the EU in a year.

To put it into perspective, it is less than half of what my local MP has raised on his own for his OUT Think which is £20 million.

It would be nice to see some rational discussion, but both sides are engaged on Project Fear and treating the electorate as idiots.

No change there then .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The government has produced a leaflet which will shortly be dropping on our doorsteps promoting the advantages of stopping in the EU. This blatant propaganda is also being funded to the tune of £9M by us the taxpayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-35984991

Suffice to say that the `Out` campaign is outraged by this misuse of government funds and blatant bias to promote their own agenda, money that could quite easily have been directed elsewhere for good purposes.

Can we assume that the Out campaign will receive the same amount of public funds to present their case? Can we hell.
As far as I'm concerned, this is unfair - if not actually illegal - and is typical of Cameron. I despise him for it, and I sincerely hope that this ploy backfires on him. I'd like to see him kicked out of his present position because that's exactly what he deserves.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 07:48 PM

I have to say that I haven't heard or seen anything to support that assertion. Do you have any evidence?

Even if it does prove to be true: £9 million for IN, £7 million for out. Fair?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-04-2016, 07:49 PM

Well, assuming we remain in, I hope they're not disappointed!

Time will tell.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-04-2016, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I still believe that 9.3 million is an excessive amount to produce leaflets to every house in the land
Me too. I shall do what I understand many others intend to do and put it straight back in the envelope marked "Not known at this address. Please return to sender."

Hopefully, the return postage charges will cost Dopey Dave more than the £9 million he has already purloined and put to his selfish use.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-04-2016, 07:55 PM

Sorry for posting FOUR posts on the trot, but this is something I feel particularly incensed about.

(Edit: FIVE now, of course!)
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Where have those figures come from, please .....
Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have to say that I haven't heard or seen anything to support that assertion. Do you have any evidence?

Even if it does prove to be true: £9 million for IN, £7 million for out. Fair?

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top