Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2016, 05:26 PM

Re: Health Tourist's NHS loophole !

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
YES! YES! YES APRICOT! (Love that colour)!
Me too, it suits my complexion.

Amongst the hundreds of reasons, but don't let's go there!!

BREXIT!
BREXIT!
BREXIT!

And now I have another migraine!
You know the best thing for that ?
Yes that"s right a cold flannel wash down.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2016, 08:19 PM

That is why you now have to wait about 14 days for a Dr apointment.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2016, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why?

I cannot see your logic at all.

We have no need to pay for medical care for EU citizens now, we have no need to pay for ant medical treatment for anybody who comes to the UK.

We have no need at all to pay child benefit for kids living abroad.

Brexit will not change these things at all.

The fact is we choose to, we are not obliged by the EU in any way, shape of form to do so.

We pay £2 billion in Carbon Tax, other EU Countries pay more, they get 100% of it back in subsidies, we are the only EU Country not to use that money for our own benefit.

Absolutely nothing will change, in or out of the EU until we have the political will to put us first, like every other EU Country does.

Germany, France and Italy, who all psy more into the EU than we do are not in it because they like giving money away, they are in it to their advantage because they make it work for them.

It is about time that we woke up to the fact that we don't, we are a soft touch and it is about time that that changed.

Non EU related, we pay more into NATO than all those Countries and we also fork out more in Foreign Aid.

It is about time that stopped as well.

We also pay a fortune as a member of Five Eyes, the security service, France, Germany and Belgium pay naff all, yet we are the ones who supplied them with all the info on the Paris and Brussels attacks.

It is about time we started charging them for this as well.

We cannot blame the EU for all this, it is entirely our own fault and it is about time we stopped being a soft touch for all and sundry.
Grrrr!!!! Why the hell are we so stupid?! This makes me so angry - what do we hope to gain from all this? There'll soon be no NHS , or anything else, for any of us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2016, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Your views on the above please…… Are we to always be treated as mugs in this country?
Yes we are, until we can manage to elect a government whose intention is to run this country for our own benefit.

As Swimfeeders has pointed out, we are our own worst enemy, and by 'we' I mean our government.

It's not just the NHS, of course. Foreign aid, doing everything that the EU orders without question (unlike the other EU countries), for example. This is the weakest government and PM that I ever remember.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top