Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 07:43 PM

EU should interfere less

A late news item has reported that EU president Jean Paul Juncker has commented that the EU is interfering too much in people's lives and as a result support for the EU is dropping.

His eyes open!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36087022

Could this about face have anything to do with the forthcoming EU referendum by any chance, an `out` vote encouraging other member states to also leave this lumbering bureaucracy? He also seems to be addressing people's fears of Turks flooding into Europe by claiming that visa restrictions will not be relaxed.

We will see if he's all mouth and trousers as I suspect.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 08:01 PM

Re: EU should interfere less

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A late news item has reported that EU president Jean Paul Juncker has commented that the EU is interfering too much in people's lives and as a result support for the EU is dropping.

His eyes open!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36087022

Could this about face have anything to do with the forthcoming EU referendum by any chance, an `out` vote encouraging other member states to also leave this lumbering bureaucracy? He also seems to be addressing people's fears of Turks flooding into Europe by claiming that visa restrictions will not be relaxed.

We will see if he's all mouth and trousers as I suspect.
As Britain is one of the major contributors to the EU's coffers I would think that Juncker won't be the only one who's worried. I also think that all eyes will be on the outcome of the referendum with the possibility that the house of cards might even collapse upon our exit......With the amount of amassed wealth that the EU possesses it wouldn't stretch the imagination too far to think that anyone in the British government who could manage to persuade the people to come up with a favourable result would end up being very wealthy indeed.......You didn't hear me say that!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Could this about face have anything to do with the forthcoming EU referendum by any chance, an `out` vote encouraging other member states to also leave this lumbering bureaucracy?
My bet is that, having met Dopey, he became quite confident that 'we' (our government) wouldn't dare to question him or his EU buddies.

However, when he realised that the referendum is now coming up, and having seen some of the latest projections and the increasing force behind the 'OUT' campaign, he's beginning to lose his nerve (he is, after all, almost French!).

Perhaps he's also noticed that the 'scare campaign' is showing signs of backfiring, and has decided to try a new tactic of trying to persuade the voting public that the EU might, just might, be open to making some changes... at least until he secures an 'IN' vote!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 07:11 AM

He says that but I think history shows what the future will be under the eu they seem incapable of being a simple trade organisation and their political aims are still too important to them.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He says that but I think history shows what the future will be under the eu they seem incapable of being a simple trade organisation and their political aims are still too important to them.
Yes you are right Julie, with the EU it appears to me that any decisions reached can all be changed at a later date once there is no turning back.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 09:38 AM

The thing is, people of a certain age can see that we need to leave but the younger generations will go along with what they are told. They will believe CaMoron's rhetorical ramblings and are quite happy to let the EU interfere with their daily lives. It saves them having to think for themselves.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The thing is, people of a certain age can see that we need to leave but the younger generations will go along with what they are told. They will believe CaMoron's rhetorical ramblings and are quite happy to let the EU interfere with their daily lives. It saves them having to think for themselves.
The young know the world is a very different place than it was 40 years ago, before they were born. They think globally and dismiss the 'old fogey' ideas of 'Land of Hope and Glory'. The world is their oyster and they won't countenance being shut out of it and confined to an off-shore island with no influence and no friends, subject to the patronage of conglomerates
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
The young know the world is a very different place than it was 40 years ago, before they were born. They think globally and dismiss the 'old fogey' ideas of 'Land of Hope and Glory'. The world is their oyster and they won't countenance being shut out of it and confined to an off-shore island with no influence and no friends, subject to the patronage of conglomerates
I'm curious as I was quite young when we entered, did we never do business with other countries ? Did we never travel ? Before our joining of the Eu.

Anyone would think we never had any communication even the way some people are carrying on.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 10:09 AM

There were some Italian people being interviewed on radio 4 yesterday, it seems many Italians are fed up with the EU too and feel they have been let down with regard to coping with the influx of migrants.
They are watching our referendum very closely.

It was also mentioned that the 'far right' are waiting in the wings in Italy and could make a significant comeback if things don't change . I think that is so in Germany and France and too and that is something which should not be ignored.
I fear Europe is going to become a very different place in the next few years.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There were some Italian people being interviewed on radio 4 yesterday, it seems many Italians are fed up with the EU too and feel they have been let down with regard to coping with the influx of migrants.
They are watching our referendum very closely.

It was also mentioned that the 'far right' are waiting in the wings in Italy and could make a significant comeback if things don't change . I think that is so in Germany and France and too and that is something which should not be ignored.
I fear Europe is going to become a very different place in the next few years.
Good point.

Was stated a few years ago that if the UK left then the EU would collapse because some others countries had a population that disliked the draconian EU and their stupid laws....Such as we cant dredge are rivers as all the pollutants in them could damage are environment...tell that to the flood victims in Somerset.

On LBC to day was stated that the EU hade brought in a law that Hairdressers can only wear a certain length to the heels on their Shoes. Men as well

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top