Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2016, 09:55 AM

Re: EU should interfere less

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A late news item has reported that EU president Jean Paul Juncker has commented that the EU is interfering too much in people's lives and as a result support for the EU is dropping.

His eyes open!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36087022

Could this about face have anything to do with the forthcoming EU referendum by any chance, an `out` vote encouraging other member states to also leave this lumbering bureaucracy? He also seems to be addressing people's fears of Turks flooding into Europe by claiming that visa restrictions will not be relaxed.

We will see if he's all mouth and trousers as I suspect.
I agree Judd. If we do leave, I hope we can get our 2000w vacuum cleaners back, along with bent cucumbers.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree Judd. If we do leave, I hope we can get our 2000w vacuum cleaners back, along with bent cucumbers.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2016, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
And whilst we're on the subject, I deplore the fact that the Brexit organisations have invited Marie Le Penn to come and speak - she is an out and out fascist and I want nothing to do with either her or the Brexit organisations and if they come knocking my door, I will let them know in no uncertain terms what I think of them!!!
If allying ourselves with Marie Le Penn assists the collapse of the EU, I'm all for it. A means to an end. After its collapse, we need not be her friend in the future.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2016, 10:51 AM

And toilets that can flush away all the poo with a single flush. Needing two or three flushes is saving water?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2016, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
[/B]

It's up to the individual what they do with them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-04-2016, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And toilets that can flush away all the poo with a single flush. Needing two or three flushes is saving water?
Definitely. A flush that can cope with the good old British two pounder.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2016, 01:47 PM

And lightbulbs that don't cost a fortune and actually give which some light instantly not a flicker after 10 minutes..
...and oil based white paint with a 'harmful additive ' which helps it to keep its colour and not turn yellow ..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2016, 03:18 PM

Forgive me for seeming a bit dumb, but are all these things down to the EU?
I knew about the 'Bent Cucumbers and Bananas' and the limit on wattage for our vacuum cleaners, but I didn't realise the poor flushing toilet and the change away from oil based paint was down to the EU. I do love the new LED lightbulbs though, cool running, less power and instant light but a bit on the expensive side. Like Meg says though, the older type of energy saving bulbs were a joke. When I was a postman I had to work late every night for a couple of weeks trying to deliver all the free energy saving bulbs that the government were giving away, I had no room in the van for the bulbs and the post so I had to return after delivering the post when most people were home from work - you weren't allowed to leave them on the step.
There is also the situation with electrical wiring, it has all been changed from Red and Black to Brown and Blue. Having Brown for live just doesn't seem as important as the Red was....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2016, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Oldgreyfox
When I was a postman I had to work late every night for a couple of weeks trying to deliver all the free energy saving bulbs that the government were giving away,
What 'free bulbs' Bob no one ever gave me any free bulbs
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-04-2016, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
What 'free bulbs' Bob no one ever gave me any free bulbs
Sorry to hear that Meg, every customer that was served by our sorting office - and that was a few I can tell you, on my walk alone I visited 650 addresses most mornings. They all received at least one per customer.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top