Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 06:45 PM

Re: Keep your nose out Barack Obama

At least the UK knows where it stands... So much for special relationships sounds like as soon as you are no use to the USA they dump you....
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 06:48 PM

Never mind. When we have no trade deal with the EU or America, there's always China and Russia to help us out.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 06:54 PM

My son worked in the USA when a startup company wanted a qualified graphic designer to work on their promotion web site. Then was asked to work for another over there ,which he did. All legal and above board with USA tax people and work visa and sponsor

On leaving the USA, as his contracts had run out at the airport he was taken aside by the USA customs people wanting to know why he was leaving ,all about his work etc etc. They held him in a room for over 2 hours as if he was a terrorist or something.
He could not make them understand that his work was finished and he wanted to return to the UK.
He said he would never ever go back to the USA for work reasons and he is now on record as for someone to watch out for if he ever returned even for a holiday

They are neurotic to the nth degree, I am amazed anyone can even enter their country now

America, friends of ours? only if they hold the gun
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 07:54 PM

Nigel Farage in his typically succinct manner, " at the fag end of his presidency" so his opinion may not have the impact David Cameron is hoping for.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 08:11 PM

Hi

Dream on folks.

It matters not one jot or iota who wins the USA Presidential Elections.

Trump or Clinton.

They are both Patriots, both put the USA first, so no change, they will both want us in Europe, purely in their own self interests.

Pity we do not have the Politicians who are so determined to put our interests first.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 08:46 PM

Any friend of Cameron is an enemy of mine so I'll treat Obama's words with contempt .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 08:55 PM

I reckon he wants us to stay in Europe because he knows if anyone starts a war with Britain, we will be calling on America to save us now that we have no armed forces left.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I reckon he wants us to stay in Europe because he knows if anyone starts a war with Britain, we will be calling on America to save us now that we have no armed forces left.
We will still be a member of NATO if we leave the EU.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by wabblewalk ->
Barack Obama Stick with EU comment is a joke.

I can just imagine THE YANKS GIVING UP ANY SOVEREIGNTY.

So keep your nose out of the British EU business,,
I believe that most thinking people will have seen through this for what it is.
All things being equal, I hope and expect this little ploy to backfire on Dopey and his mates.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
He keeps saying America has a special relationship with us and we are close friends , and yet hes just said we are going to be at the bottom of the list when it comes to trading with America if we leave.
well that's not how you treat friends is it ?
Yes, he shot himself in the foot there, didn't he?
Mind you, I've never regarded him as being the sharpest tool in the box.

In fact, if push comes to shove, I don't think I could trust America to help us. Look at 1939, 1940, 1941. They weren't too keen in getting involved then, were they? Not until Pearl Harbour, anyway.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top