Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 10:05 AM

Re: France says 'NON'

You know damn well that you did.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
You know damn well that you did.
My words were: "Some idiots equate UKIP with organisations like the BNP."

Did I say that you were an idiot?
Did you say that you equate UKIP with organisations like the BNP? I didn't see it if you did.

If you took it personally, perhaps you are admitting to having such an opinion.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 08:01 PM

This is the trouble with forums sometimes - very easy to take a comment the wrong way.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
This is the trouble with forums sometimes - very easy to take a comment the wrong way.
Yes Fender I agree, because we don't really know anyone personally it's best to be careful who you have a bit of banter with. I think a bit of friendly banter lightens up a topic when it starts getting too serious. Nine times out of ten we are not going to change anyone's opinions of say the EU referendum or the party they support. We should always strive to show respect to another persons beliefs even if they are not the same as our own. Best not to jump to conclusions, always make sure the meaning of a comment. Then when you are sure, it's okay to slag off the poster!
Only joking!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 09:13 PM

I've been guilty of it tbh. Jumped down someones throat as I took the post the wrong way. I try to think about it a bit more these days...
Sometimes however, it is indeed apparent that a poster is just being a plonka / unnecessarily sarcastic, and unfortunately, in that instance they'll get a bit of stick.........

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top