Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 01:36 PM

MORI Poll

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...ritish-rage-o/

Might other countries have referendum if UK votes to leave.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 02:09 PM

Re: MORI Poll

Yes i believe it would be the case, all this could be headed off if the EU recognized that the current way is not fit for purpose, and need serious reform for it too work.

I shall keep an eye out for flying porkers.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Yes i believe it would be the case, all this could be headed off if the EU recognized that the current way is not fit for purpose, and need serious reform for it too work.

I shall keep an eye out for flying porkers.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm - pork 'bangers' mash & gravy!!!
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 03:32 PM

We always whinge about the status quo and think everything will be better if we do something different. The whole world is changing, with technology, WWWeb and Multinational coporations gaining more and more power for themselves, regardless of governments. Big money and the global Military/Industrial Complex decide who goes to war and with whom. Individual countries have little or no power on their own. Outside the EU we would be prey to America and TTIP and Cameron would be happy to sign us up.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 03:37 PM

Outside the EU we would be prey to America and TTIP and Cameron would be happy to sign us up.

who said cameron will be in charge after brexit.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 08:21 PM

Inside the EU we would still be prey to America and TTIP.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 09:45 AM

What difference will it make whether Cameron is here or not after Brexit? The Tories will still be in charge and they'll sell what's left of the country to their sponsors who spend billions in brain washing the general public into voting for them.
moreover
North Wales, UK

11-05-2016, 09:46 AM

The EU have just rejected TTIP.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
The EU have just rejected TTIP.

Oh goody
Alien
Uk
Alien is male  Alien has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
What difference will it make whether Cameron is here or not after Brexit? The Tories will still be in charge and they'll sell what's left of the country to their sponsors who spend billions in brain washing the general public into voting for them.

I think if I remember rightly , Cameron only won the last election as many ukip voters came to his support as feared labour gaining power so Cameron isn't in reality quite as popular as he thinks he is . presuming we brexit then I cant imagine him staying long considering all his underhand dealings to try and lead the 'in 'lobby , why would we want him to lead our exit dealings?
on the other hand should the vote go in his favour then on the euro front I agree the silver spooner will be back in favour with 'angela the great' and other euro leaders ,but back in blighty I imagine his troubles will only just be starting .
the conservative party is already split, he will be taking us to war in Libya shortly , Europe will be throwing lots and lots of new legislation at us ( many things are already on hold until after june 23rd fearing we wont like the latest changes) and coupled to all this will be one third of the uk's population still wishing to leave and certainly will hold this man responsible for anything and everything that happens after 24th june .
whatever the Cameron publicity machine may say in the coming weeks and months I think Cameron is going to be leaving sooner than he imagines.
this referendum as we all know is far far bigger than any election decision this country has ever faced , and the consequences of it both on a world scale and in our own national politics will change whatever the outcome on the 23rd and I doubt many including the ruling elite themselves have actually smelt the coffee as yet .
lets look past the 23rd june and presume we stay in Europe .
labour as your voting preference ? no chance .
conservative as preference ? not a hope considering they are pro Europe and intergration into a superstate despite what they say about safe guards we all know they aren't worth the paper they are written on .
immigration both from the eu and beyond will continue, the European problems like Greece Italy spain are still there as they havnt gone away just because they are out of the press for the time being .....
so british political landscape will change , much as is already being seen across Europe already with extreme right parties gaining the protest votes .
imagine the next election and as a show of solidarity everyone decided instead of voting for monster raving loony party or whatever we ( one third of the population ) chose to show disgust and voted BNP.......
nope, the outcome on the 23rd whatever it may be will change this country forever in more ways than one , the genie is now out of the bottle and we are yet to see what magic it brings with it, however , an awful lot of heads will roll within the next few months / years that is for certain .
dave only agreed to the referendum in a desperate bid to win votes as he knew without the promise then ukip would steal an awful lot of his potential votes , enough to allow a victory by labour. what he then did was to push the date back to sometime before the end of 2017 believing he had time to either forget about it , change things, win us over with whatever promises etc . but the asylum crisis ( mostly because of his and his alone failings by both causing the failed state of Libya, and by standing up in parliament asking to bomb assad in Syria instead of supporting or possibly leaving alone, causing a few years of inactivity allowing isis to form ) has blown up bigger than he ever thought possible and knowing its going to run and run for decades hes pulled the referendum forward in desperation . Europe has given him breathing space by failing to actually do anything until after the 23rd fearing the answers Europe will give over the crisis wont be too our liking and so post 23rd june we will see all kinds of legislation dictated to all member states ............
2016 will be a landmark year in british politics , indeed may eventually actually see the traditional labour/ conservative parties become dinosaurs and new parties emerge that as yet havnt even been formed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top