Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 06:04 PM

Getting ready for Brexit.

Hi

Well the EU have at last woken up to the fact that we are likely to leave.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-bri...0YG2LD?rpc=401

They are getting their act together ready for the result and holding their first set of meetings without the UK.

The Bank of England has built up a massive fund to make sure there is a not a disaster, but they are independent of the Government.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/eu-referend...-pound-1542482

Interesting times and given Camerons known lack of negotiating success with the EU we need a very strong team, with a brief, to get things moving.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 06:27 PM

Re: Getting ready for Brexit.

Much as I would like to leave the EU I very much doubt it will happen. I think the government's scare tactics will work on the undecided.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 06:33 PM

You'd better hope so if you value your pension.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 06:41 PM

I agree that if we do vote to leave we will need a team other than the incumbents to forge our new path. Dopey Dave et al certainly won't want to do us any favours.....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 06:42 PM

Get rid of the EU.

Get rid of the established parties.

Get rid of Royalty.

Start again with proportional representation.

Elected second chamber.

Would be a nice start.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Get rid of the EU.

Get rid of the established parties.

Get rid of Royalty.

Start again with proportional representation.

Elected second chamber.

Would be a nice start.
Hi

Would be even better if we managed to get all the Bedlingtons home from foreign parts down south.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 06:58 PM

Exclusive - EU launches contingency talks for Brexit vote:
More likely they are plotting how to waste more of our money and to expand the united states of the EU when people chicken out and we lose the vote to leave .
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
More likely they are plotting how to waste more of our money and to expand the united states of the EU when people chicken out and we lose the vote to leave .
Oh don't, Meg, that's too depressing to even think about.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Interesting times and given Camerons known lack of negotiating success with the EU we need a very strong team, with a brief, to get things moving.
It has been suggested that if we vote OUT, Dopey will resign. That can only be a good thing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
If that happens, I shall laugh my head off! It will be most amusing to see the faces of the Europhiles and the sheeple a few years down the line.

In all seriousness, if 'we' vote to stay in I think the best thing to do would be to apply for German citizenship. Those who remain in Britain will wish they hadn't. Britain = the dustbin of Europe.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top