Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 06:14 PM

Re: Getting ready for Brexit.

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Brexit will never happen. Believing you can vote to make it happen is fantasy. They will never let us out. Too many corrupt power mongers have us by the short and curlies, and have our politicians in the palm of their hand. Everything is a smoke screen to give you the illusion that you have a choice. I will vote Brexit, but I know it will make no difference. The vote will be rigged one way or another. The massive media push by Government, Banksters, Obama etc to convince people to vote to stay, is being done to try to minimise the extent to which that vote will have to be rigged.

I will guarantee you now that the voting result will be made to look ever so close, but with Brexit votes just losing out.
Indeed.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 06:16 PM

Every one that I have spoken to or them to me are saying out.
Not one has said stay in.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Much as I would like to leave the EU I very much doubt it will happen. I think the government's scare tactics will work on the undecided.
I think you are right unfortunately. A young person interviewed on Radio4 the other day (foreign obviously) said that only old people will vote to leave because they want to go back to how things were in the fifties. He also said that young people want to live in 'The real World.'
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think you are right unfortunately. A young person interviewed on Radio4 the other day (foreign obviously) said that only old people will vote to leave because they want to go back to how things were in the fifties. He also said that young people want to live in 'The real World.'
What do young people know?

The ironic thing is that these same young people are likely to be the ones to suffer the most if they get their way!
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I would agree with coming out IF, we had our machine tool industry, our m/cycle industry, our motor industry, our steel industry, our coal industry, our tractor industry in fact all our industries, at the moment we have nothing to sell, we will be buying all our needs.
God help us.
Agreed, but we don't have anything like that because the Tories have sold everything off to foreign 'investors' probably because 'it's the right thing to do.' If we leave, do people really imagine that the likes of Gove would really spend the money that currently goes to the EU on the Health Service, Education or any other public services? Of course not, just look at his track record in putting education on the road to privatisation. The current 'debate' amongst the Tories about this referendum shows just what a bunch of lairs they are; if they are so happy to disagree with each other and score points on this issue, then how can we believe anything they tell us during 'normal' times?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 04:41 AM

I look forward to the vote with great interest. It won't affect us one way or another so it is just interesting.

Personally I think Britain will stay, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the vote mirrors the 1975 referendum ie 65% to 35% (ish)

We shall see in three weeks or so.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 08:01 AM

Getting ready for Brexit. I wonder if anyone has actually started planning for an exit, not heard anything from anyone about what we will do.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 08:04 AM

See Miliband this morning, encouraging potential young voters to register, nowt at all wrong with that, but, he wants them to vote from his take on things, ED, "leave those Kids alone".
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 08:04 AM

Britain is a very small country nowadays it has no empire, thank goodness, and cannot stand alone. I am of the opinion we would rue the day we left the EU, if it happens.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
See Miliband this morning, encouraging potential young voters to register, nowt at all wrong with that, but, he wants them to vote from his take on things, ED, "leave those Kids alone".
Never been fond of Mr Ed, strange bedfellows these days.

Had a black laugh the other day when i saw a photo of Osbourne, Cable, and Balls, striding down the street hand in hand gland in gland espousing the Bremain, message.

I wanted out before the referendum, and im sure Britain will do well if we leave.

Still 3 to 1 in our poll for exit.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top