Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 03:11 PM

Re: What happened to the 'northern powerhouse'

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well Yorkshire won more gold medals in the Olympics than the rest.

Cut off London's power supply, keep our water to ourselves.

Cut off their food supplies.

Ban the export of Black Pudding

Border Control at Watford Gap.

Invade London, bunch of Southern Softies.

Bomb Brighton.

Naturally, I'd go along with that. And then, never mind Scotland, Yorkshire can have a referendum on independence.

The truth is that there are as many people living in Yorkshire as there are in Scotland, and I'm sure we'd make a good go of it unhindered by the soppy Southerners.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Naturally, I'd go along with that. And then, never mind Scotland, Yorkshire can have a referendum on independence.

The truth is that there are as many people living in Yorkshire as there are in Scotland, and I'm sure we'd make a good go of it unhindered by the soppy Southerners.
Well as large parts of Scotland and Yorkshire once belonged to Nomthumbria, im sure we left you with a bit of common sense.

New wall from Hull to the Lake district perhaps for a start.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 03:21 PM

I love us soppy southerners are hoping for less north south divide and the northerners are not keen it seems. Makes me see the light as to who creates this divide most.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I love us soppy southerners are hoping for less north south divide and the northerners are not keen it seems. Makes me see the light as to who creates this divide most.

That's why we say anyone living north of Watford gap is a foreigner Julie darlin'
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Trouble is, I wouldn't trust any of our current local politicians or councillors to run things properly. If things were run like our local council it would be a total disaster.

Get rid of Con/Lab/Lib and all other shades of politicos and have a voted-in Roman Senate style administration that had the people's best interests at heart rather than their own. Abolish high wages and inflated expenses for those in charge - it should be an honour to be elected and serve.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top