Join for free
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 11:02 AM

Re: Could the eu implode ?

and finally if the euro is a serious problem, it can be redefined. Many things will be redefined in the not too distant future.

BRING IT ON
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Great at the standard of living during WW2???

No thanks.

Nor do I wish that on any young people either...the ones brought up to want it all and want it now.
If you REALLY want a revolution, take that away from them.
Of course the War meant years of deprivation
I meant 'We did not lay down and die' without all the useless junk people buy, and do not need, most of it badly made too
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Great at the standard of living during WW2???

No thanks.

Nor do I wish that on any young people either...the ones brought up to want it all and want it now.
If you REALLY want a revolution, take that away from them.
But you don't live here Flicker, you can go on living in your European paradise while we regain our freedom to choose how we run our country and with whom we trade.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
OF course they don't ..... take Neil kinock ... possibly the most useless thing in the Labour Party ( certainly up there with mr foot and mr Corbin ) ..... a life long euro lord .... and his wife and indeed even his son ..... all billionaires for life at our expense and unelected too ...... a mad crazy club morphed without any mandate ever 'from the people' .....

The eu talks as if trade /migration /business would never happen without it ..... well actually it was doing quite well before the eu and will do it again long after it as sovereign nations with governments accountable to their own electorate ...... ever so simple really

I think you will find that Neil Kinnock left the EU in 2004. He served from 1999. 5 years.

In todays' world made up of a few but large trading blocs, a single small nation will find it very hard to trade under WTO rules.
Your world of 1972 doesn't exist anymore.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4510792.stm
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
But you don't live here Flicker, you can go on living in your European paradise while we regain our freedom to choose how we run our country and with whom we trade.

Well it is certainly not a paradise but it is my choice.

I h ave another suggestion...why don't all of the British population who think that the UK would be a better place if it were as it was pre-1972 and go somewhere to build your nostalgic Jerusalem.
That way the young people of the UK can get on with growing and developing THEIR country.

You at looking for something that does not exist anymore. The rest of the wold has moved on. It has little room for a retrograde small country with not a lot to sell that thy can't get somewhere else and cheaper.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 11:15 AM

You still talking tosh about our young children ?????

Fact is every factory in the uk is full of cheap migrant labour and not OUR CHILDREN ....... that's the point

Geeez
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I meant 'We did not lay down and die' without all the useless junk people buy, and do not need, most of it badly made too
Quite so Azure many have been fooled into thinking we need the latest this or that and can't survive without them, we can.

Life for many has become a circle of consumerism, they work in repetitive tedious jobs to provide the transport to get there and the appliances to do the 'repetitive tedious' jobs they once did in the house . Total madness.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 11:18 AM

I will stick with our small retrograde country, you do seem fixated with 1972, prefer the 60`s myself. We are never better than when our backs are against the wall, so IM BACKING BRITAIN
Flicker
France

06-12-2016, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
While I appreciate the sentiment Azure, the reality in the UK is that the millennials EXPECT to have what they want now.

I have a nephew who, by the time he as 27, had a house, two NEW cars and was travelling all over Europe on holiday.
He isn't special. His friends all expect the same. and my family really isn't hugely rich.
They just bung stuff on credit, get loans and go shopping.

They have been brought up this way. IMO it is unfair to expect t hem to accept any less. In fact they will just up sticks and go somewhere else.
and they are in a way right; We were supposed to leave them a better world with more opportunity and comfort. We can't expect them to be happy with dripping on toast when they go to Thailand for holidays...
Flicker
France

06-12-2016, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I will stick with our small retrograde country, you do seem fixated with 1972, prefer the 60`s myself. We are never better than when our backs are against the wall, so IM BACKING BRITAIN
1972 is the year before the UK joined the EU officially. I didn''t mention it first.

Nothing living can be resurrected once it is dead.

and your memory of the UK is really quite selective.

I remember the awful time women had in the science profession. It was a choice of children or job. The air was dirty as were rivers and beaches. Trades unions were running amok and strikes were common. The choice in shops was dreadful ...just for a start. There was awful discrimination against the non white community.
I moved to the UK in 1971 and found it to be drab, grey and colourless. The food was boring and overcooked and I once complained at a restaurant and was told by my OH not to do that in the UK.

No thanks.

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top