Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 01:28 PM

Re: Why did the sensible majority of the UK vote for Brexit?

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Oi ..or oink ... the pig lady says her remark was humorous and made tongue in cheek. Seriously UJ, unions today are about as impressive as a wet fart in a brown paper bag. They've had their day. They long since ceased to represent the working man.

That's not what the 'nasty party' are saying over the Southern Rail dispute.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
That's not what the 'nasty party' are saying over the Southern Rail dispute.
Well I think you are on the wrong thread if you want to discuss the rail dispute!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well I think you are on the wrong thread if you want to discuss the rail dispute!

I was responding to the pig lady's comment!!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Sod them at your ccost.

If half a billion people use inefficient power the cost of power goes up significantly.
and with oil prices going up too, why do you kick at what saves you, the poor and the struggling, money?

I wonder just how much wasted energy is used by children who forget to turn the lights off? or by cities which keep the power on all night?

You and I pay for it an I object to making some arab nob a bigger fortune because half a billion people are wasting energy.
A few years ago, just before Christmas, my local council decided to turn off street lights at night to save money. The very next night a young student was hit and killed by a taxi travelling on a main road. The driver hadn't seen him in the dark.
The police had to ring National Grid to turn the lights back on, as after much time looking in the dark, they still couldn't find the young man's body.
So, the savings were at the cost of a life.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
A few years ago, just before Christmas, my local council decided to turn off street lights at night to save money. The very next night a young student was hit and killed by a taxi travelling on a main road. The driver hadn't seen him in the dark.
The police had to ring National Grid to turn the lights back on, as after much time looking in the dark, they still couldn't find the young man's body.
And at the same time as we perform these 'money saving' exercises, we throw money away hand over fist on such things as foreign aid.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 02:17 AM

May I recommend

General Chat
Foreign Aid - wasted ?

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=39932
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

15-12-2016, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Precisely!!! - Now tell that to the Government and Southern Rail!!!

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top