Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 07:59 PM

Juncker Quotes

Some past quotes from the power-mad Juncker

"I'm ready to be insulted as being insufficiently democratic, but I want to be serious ... I am for secret, dark debates"

"When it becomes serious, you have to lie.

"I notice with a certain sense of regret that far too many Europeans are returning to a regional and national mindset."

"Between now and then, after 43 years of European marriage, the whole body of legislation will therefore have to be disentangled. That entails a whole range of specific and very complex questions: what will be the future legal status of the millions of EU citizens in the UK and the millions of Britons on the continent?"

"Germany will continue to play a central - perhaps even a more important - role in the European Union"

"It is always said that Europe is a project of the elite. That's incorrect"
(The EU has repeatedly refused to publish information of the net income of its 47,000 staff, making it impossible for taxpayers to know the true pay levels of European civil servants. Leaked papers show that 10,000 European Union officials are better paid than David Cameron. More than 1 in 5 EU officials earn above £142,000, the salary paid to the British Prime Minister)

"Yesterday's shining heroes of Brexit have become the sorrowful heroes of today."

"In the end, the British didn't vote to leave because of the euro. They're not even members of the currency union. Even the refugee crisis hardly affected the country."
(Some truth here. Many Brits voted for BrExit because of the corrupt power-mad federalist body the EU has become)

"Decisions can only be reached in Europe if France and Germany agree."

"There can be no democratic choice against the European treaties"

"I have another explanation [of Brexit]: In its 43 years of EU membership, Britain has never been able to decide whether it wants to fully or only partially belong to the EU."

(I guess that's because the British people have never been given the proper choice on the issue accompanied by the total and true information about what being a part of the EU really means in terms of a totalitarian federal state. Now the cat is out of the bag, Britain is leaving as fast as it can)

"The British people will be treated as “deserters” following a vote to leave the European Union"

"deserters will not be welcomed with open arms”.

"If the British leave Europe, people will have to face the consequences. This isn’t a threat, but our relationship will no longer be as it is today. The UK will have to get used to being regarded as a third party state, which we won’t be handling with kid gloves."
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 08:03 PM

Re: Juncker Quotes

What a very silly little man
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 08:48 PM

He is worried about the future of Europe and his cushy little earner I think.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
He is worried about the future of Europe and his cushy little earner I think.
Indeed.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...aled-unelected

Jean-Claude Juncker

Salary: £245,629 plus a residential allowance of £36,844 and a monthly expense allowance of £1,135. Pension of £52,500 for life from age 65

"Juncker’s office is in Brussels’s Berlaymont building, which has a restaurant on the 13th floor called La Convivialité. And Juncker is certainly convivial. In 2014 he was denounced by his successor as Eurogroup chairman, Jeroen Dijsselbloem, (see below) as “an inveterate smoker and drinker”.

Embarrassingly, footage emerged in May of Juncker behaving bizarrely at an EU summit in Latvia last year. He welcomed EU leaders with kisses and slaps, hugged an uncomfortable President Francois Hollande of France, kissed the bald pate of another leader and greeted the Hungarian PM Viktor Orban as “Dictator”.

It would have been a career-ending moment for a democratically elected politician but it appears nothing can stop Juncker serving his five-year term. "
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2016, 09:15 PM

And Juncker is not alone of course. There's a raft of unelected crony officials all earning tidy packets at our expense.

Donald Tusk, 59, President of the European Council

Salary: £235,000 a year plus allowances and pension.

Martin Schulz, 60, President of the European Parliament

Salary: £227,000 plus allowances and pension

Mario Draghi, 68, President of the European Central Bank

Salary: £279,576 plus allowances and pension.

Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy

Salary: £215,000 plus allowances and pension.

Jonathan Hill, One of 28 EU Commissioners

Salary: £195,000 plus allowances and pension.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2016, 09:18 PM

This was reported by The Sun on Nov 28th

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/227853...vintage-wines/

"PRESIDENT of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker is set to earn a £8,700 pay rise – putting his salary at almost double that of the Prime Minister.

The EU plans to rewards its 55,000 civil servants with a 3.3 per cent salary increase"

"The pay rise will be backdated six months to July – meaning staff will get a bonus in December.

Mr Juncker’s Christmas bonus will be €5,181.24 (£4,396) – while his basic salary will rise by €10,362 (£8,793), taking it to a stratospheric €324,377 (£275,275).

By comparison, Theresa May’s salary is £143,462 – meaning Juncker is paid 90 per cent more.

On top of his generous salary, Mr Juncker – who has been slammed in the wake of Brexit and Europe’s migrant crisis – is entitled to £41, 292 housing allowance and £14,441 in other expenses"
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Some past quotes from the power-mad Juncker

"Germany will continue to play a central - perhaps even a more important - role in the European Union"
Hang on. Have I misunderstood, or is he inadvertently confirming here that Germany will be in complete charge of a united Europe?

The often suspected Fourth Reich?

And presumably we shall also see a second Vichy France?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2016, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Hang on. Have I misunderstood, or is he inadvertently confirming here that Germany will be in complete charge of a united Europe?

The often suspected Fourth Reich?
Yup it seems so.

Read here an article from 2015

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...pire-was-built

"Boris Johnson, the Mayor of London, claims that “the man with the gun is the German finance minister, Wolfgang Schäuble”, and that “it is the Germans who are now running the show”. Indeed, one could be forgiven for wondering whether the “Fourth Reich” that the Irish historian, politician and journalist Conor Cruise O’Brien warned about in 1989, shortly before the Wall fell, had now come to pass"
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2016, 10:52 PM

I can't wait until the fall of EU when we and others will go in and do a full accounting and audit of the books.

We already know Drunker is corrupt and a crook, he showed his worth in Luxembourg.

When that day eventually comes, I predict there will be tens of millions missing.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

16-12-2016, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
When that day eventually comes, I predict there will be tens of millions missing.
Unfortunately, when there are millions involved there will always be cover ups. A couple hundred thousand to the usual masonic chums and the books will doubtless magically look just fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top