Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 06:22 PM

Re: Careful what you wish for

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Flicker, I appreciate this has nothing to do with this topic but your comment above left me open-mouthed. I just have to say that It's a shame you cannot bestow the same respect to the 17 million Brexit voters who share the same feeling of belief in democracy by leaving from under the boot of the EU.
How about the 16.5 million who did not, and have had our citizenship taken away?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 06:32 PM

You do understand the concept of a democratic referendum and the idea of a majority vote don't you?
You've had since June to adjust to the idea.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 06:40 PM

A remoaner in action

https://youtu.be/jf3nFz4xzNE
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
How about the 16.5 million who did not, and have had our citizenship taken away?
So what are you saying exactly Purwell? Are you saying that if the 16.5 million Remainers who lost the vote had won the referendum to remain in the EU, that would have been a legitimate, democratic vote, democracy working at it's best. One wonders too whether you would give even a minutes thought regarding the Leavers rights over losing their right to have a say about who they wish to be governed by (or not).

Your reasoning please?
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 11:14 AM

I fail to see why a 4% majority can legally move a citizenship from anyone if they want to keep it and if the issuing country want to give it.
It is a choice. Not an obligation of the vote.
Offering the citizenship is not the remit of the UK. It is the remit of the EU and no leaving should be able to prevent the rights of a resident in the UK from taking up that offer.
The vote to leave the EU did not remove the rights of UK residents to make decisions from available legal choices.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 11:25 AM

I looked for a 'bored' smiley, but couldn't find one. Can we have one please?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I looked for a 'bored' smiley, but couldn't find one. Can we have one please?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Trouble it, it doesn't feature in the OFF (Old Farts' Forum) list. I can save it to my desktop, but how do I attach it to my messages? It's probably quite easy, and I suppose I should experiment, but if there's an easily-explained method please let me know.

(Hope you're not bored reading this!)
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
I fail to see why a 4% majority can legally move a citizenship from anyone if they want to keep it and if the issuing country want to give it.
It is a choice. Not an obligation of the vote.
Offering the citizenship is not the remit of the UK. It is the remit of the EU and no leaving should be able to prevent the rights of a resident in the UK from taking up that offer.
The vote to leave the EU did not remove the rights of UK residents to make decisions from available legal choices.
And I fail to see if the result was the other way why a 4% majority would be allowed to shackle us to eu madness forever so again another non argument from sour remoaners ..... we held a referendum simple as that ...... to end the valid request once and for all to decide our fate after years of requesting out ...... even the eu agreed one chance one vote one result ......

The end
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 03:15 PM

Once again you have completely missed the point.

I was discussing the rights of anyone in the UK to take up someone else's offer.
That is not in your power to prevent nor should it be.

Anyone can hold any citizenship they please subject to law and it is not your remit to prevent it.

Can you not just ONCE stay on topic or follow a conversation???

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top