Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 07:23 PM

Re: Golfers with Buggies ( mobility scooter etc)

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Unless they have lights and indicators golf buggies are not allowed on the road
So why would they need insurance on a golf course? there on private land
I would expect that they would also have to been registered and number plates, insurance, MOT, if on the roads.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 08:42 AM

.... But Boris (and by implication the 'nasty party' too) doesn't agree.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7505856.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 10:25 AM

I personally think anything driven or rode on the road should be tested for road worthiness and insured, but on private land you take your own risk.

The problem with eu is they make these pronouncements with no thought to the result.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I personally think anything driven or rode on the road should be tested for road worthiness and insured, but on private land you take your own risk.

The problem with eu is they make these pronouncements with no thought to the result.
What bad can come from making sure what you want is understood by everyone?

People travel into other countries to play golf...if they go somewhere where there is no national necessity to hold insurance and someone in a golf buggy runs into you, is it not better that the owner of the buggy has insurance to cover your costs?
Otherwise it means you have to buy insurance that covers you in another country and which can be expensive.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
What bad can come from making sure what you want is understood by everyone?

People travel into other countries to play golf...if they go somewhere where there is no national necessity to hold insurance and someone in a golf buggy runs into you, is it not better that the owner of the buggy has insurance to cover your costs?
Otherwise it means you have to buy insurance that covers you in another country and which can be expensive.
Tough really if you can afford to travel to another country you should be able to buy insurance to cover you not make everyone pay for insurance they don't need or want.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 02:25 PM

Are you speaking of all the tens of thousands of people who fly to Europe every year for their holidays??
Who play on hotel courses?
The issue is that they DO need it.
If I go to Portugal to play golf even in a private course and the people who live there play golf in the same place.
Because they might think they don't need insurance and one of them runs me over with his golf cart, I may well have to pay for hospital care.
If I have insurance it will be expensive, because it covers ex- British travel.
But if neither had insurance, it is me who pays for everything.

If it were legal that everyone has insurance, the problem is solved. The travel insurance companies in the UK won't be having to pay out and your premium goes down.

BTW there are more than a few schools which take students on sports holidays to Europe. Unfortunately that may now be too expensive and need visas and special insurance.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top