Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 05:57 PM

Re: The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

The BBC is not left biased, quite the opposite in fact.
Silver345
New Member!
Scotland UK
Silver345 is male 

29-12-2016, 06:48 PM

All MSM are guilty of lying by omission all over the EU just to support Brussels commissioner’s policies I may remind people how they tried to covered up what went on in Cologne. Little reporting of what was once possibly the most liberal country in the world. That is falling into anarchy rape and murder.
But then the MSM would not wish to embarrass Mr Juncker or Mr Tusk.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 07:18 PM

It's not the BBC that is bias but the journalists and presenters it employs. Much can be conveyed by a look or tone of voice or by the wording of a news item, or not giving the other side a chance to respond. It's also quite noticeable during political interviews, Labour party spokesmen will be allowed to expand their argument wilt anyone else is shut down, interrupted constantly or the other party is allowed to interrupt. I'm thinking particularly of Daily Politics under the stewardship of Joan Coburn not Andrew Neal.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
It's not the BBC that is bias but the journalists and presenters it employs. Much can be conveyed by a look or tone of voice or by the wording of a news item, or not giving the other side a chance to respond. It's also quite noticeable during political interviews, Labour party spokesmen will be allowed to expand their argument wilt anyone else is shut down, interrupted constantly or the other party is allowed to interrupt. I'm thinking particularly of Daily Politics under the stewardship of Joan Coburn not Andrew Neal.
Surely though they are taking their lead from the top.
They could not just say any old thing they liked.
Come on.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 07:32 PM

There are many parts of news coverage and news gathering that are world class. Most of the problem is the interpretation and spin put on by the news broadcasters. The BBC is also more than just a news gathering service and in my opinion not all parts of the BBC lean to the left. The one who do do it overtly. A bit like subliminal advertising.
You know, not every CEO knows what his staff are up to, it's impossible that's why they delegate.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 07:37 PM

Surely though if the Bosse"s didn"t like how they interpretated it they would clamp down?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK

29-12-2016, 07:41 PM

Sorry I added an answer to my last post but it is impossible to know what is going on in every corner of a large organization. So, they employ trusted managers to manage, but in the end they take the flak
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

29-12-2016, 07:51 PM

You could well be right there.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top