Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 01:15 PM

Re: What Happens?

Bruce...Cometh the hour, cometh...Sir Tim Barrow.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7510761.html

Sir Tim Barrow: UK's new ambassador to EU 'tough negotiator' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38512901
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Bruce...Cometh the hour, cometh...Sir Tim Barrow.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7510761.html

Sir Tim Barrow: UK's new ambassador to EU 'tough negotiator' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38512901
Hi

I agree completely, no one is indispensable.

Except Tony Blair of course, he still thinks that he is.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 01:51 PM

The reason you should be concerned about Ex Pats Longdog is that if we are all kicked out (But I very much don't think that will happen) the majority are reasonably well off and so would rock up on your door step and buy up what little housing is still left making the property market for the first time buyer even more difficult and because we are aging put even more stress on the NHS
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thank you. So, is that why you are so concerned about us leaving the EU?
No.
Why do you think I am concerned for myself?
Brexit won't change anything in my life.

I will still live in a stable economy.
Where the health care is superb.
Where the standard of living is lovely and far cheaper than in the UK.
Where the weather is wonderful and where I can get to the mountains and the sea in 40 mins.
Where older people are looked after and valued.
Where I have open space, peace and quiet around me.
Where I never see a traffic jam. On the motorway I usually count less than ten other cars within sight.
Where trains run on time; no queues at supermarkets and a fantastic choice of local and imported food.
Where I can go to Spain or any other EU country without being stopped and buying fabulous quality anything there too.
Where the culture is rich and I have five cities all within 2 hours of my home.

How would Brexit change any of that?

What fascinates me is the sheer self delusion that Leavers live in.
and the sparse understanding of what you are deciding the future of the country on.

I am watching a car crash at slow speed by someone who doesn't know how to drive but who was given the wheel for one brief moment and who will drive it straight into the ditch.

A kind of compulsive horror.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 07:36 PM

Forgive me, but as someone who has followed you progress through the twists and turns giving and taking abuse on these forums, if you have such an idyllic life in France why do you spend the best part of your days posting on here? Why not take off to the sea or the mountains? You obviously don't like the UK or its people?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Forgive me, but as someone who has followed you progress through the twists and turns giving and taking abuse on these forums, if you have such an idyllic life in France why do you spend the best part of your days posting on here? Why not take off to the sea or the mountains? You obviously don't like the UK or its people?
A very good question Rainmaker! It seems that some people don't like to see others make their own decisions on life.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
A valid question .... I reckon your answer is in your last sentence. It's as simple as that.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Ye gods, not another brexit thread .....
Damn! I was just going to post the same
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
No.
Why do you think I am concerned for myself?
Brexit won't change anything in my life.

I will still live in a stable economy.
Where the health care is superb.
Where the standard of living is lovely and far cheaper than in the UK.
Where the weather is wonderful and where I can get to the mountains and the sea in 40 mins.
Where older people are looked after and valued.
Where I have open space, peace and quiet around me.
Where I never see a traffic jam. On the motorway I usually count less than ten other cars within sight.
Where trains run on time; no queues at supermarkets and a fantastic choice of local and imported food.
Where I can go to Spain or any other EU country without being stopped and buying fabulous quality anything there too.
Where the culture is rich and I have five cities all within 2 hours of my home.

How would Brexit change any of that?

What fascinates me is the sheer self delusion that Leavers live in.
and the sparse understanding of what you are deciding the future of the country on.

I am watching a car crash at slow speed by someone who doesn't know how to drive but who was given the wheel for one brief moment and who will drive it straight into the ditch.

A kind of compulsive horror.
You have to love the French,

Losers, eh? Live in France

AKA "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys"

General Patton was quoted as saying... "I'd rather have a German Panzer Division in front of me than a French Division behind me", which just about says what he thought of the French military capability and their trustworthiness.

General Norman Schwarzkopf said "Going to war without the French is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you leave behind is a load of noisy baggage"

The typical attitude Froggie twiddlers have towards the world is that of superiors, they see themselves as the key to the world's problems -- trying to tell the Septics (yanks) how to do things in the Middle East, yet they have less experience, and would just scarper anyway. The typical demeanour of a Frog is smoking whilst sitting on white metal chairs outside a cafe, sipping from a cup the size of a snail.

Frog military doctrine is played out as follows: Enemy Spotted-Retreat-Shift the blame. And since this doctrine was practised in WW2, they have done little else.

Don't seem to have won a war ever. They use the FAMAS rifle which is built for retreating only, the rate of fire is so fast because they cannot aim with their backs turned. There is no truth in the rumour that FAMAS stands for "Fritz, AM About to Surrender". Well not much!.

Defence policy consists of outsourcing any war fighting to more capable (less cowardly) organisations (ie. us) and concentrating on core competency (banning British beef to prop up own farmers and inventing strippers).

The only good side of the French Military is the French Foreign Legion. Much like the Gurkhas, It was often labelled by Press as a Mercenary Force posted to colonies in North Africa and Southeast Asia, but its soldiers swear no allegiance to France, only to the Legion and to each other. Well worth respecting.

Statistics show that in 25 years the majority of people living in France will be Arab.

Despite all the above, good country to be in if you like cheese and wine.
With thanks to another forum.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
One of the big things will be the bill for leaving, successive UK Governments, never thinking that we would leave, have previously signed up to significant financial commitments, including paying our share of the Pensions for EU Civil Servants.
Unthinkable. When we leave we will not be subject to any rules imposed by the EU.

If we have been stupid enough to say that we will pay for this and pay for that, we should just inform the EU mandarins that we are leaving and we owe them nothing, never mind their generous pensions. In fact, it is the usual thing for employees' pensions to be paid by the employer, so let the EU pay their pensions.

We could even counter their claims by claiming a refund of all the money we have paid them to contribute our share of the building of their rather expensive premises.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top