Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 06:00 PM

Re: News for the remainiacs

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Well after Brexit takes place Flicker we will have removed one layer of cretins
There will have to be many more in the UK just on the same level as there are now.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 06:06 PM

Re: News for the remainiacs

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Flicker, I can tell you that as a British citizen, a wife, mother and grandmother, even I know that even though “the court of European Auditors” Mmmmm, may well have signed off the books “officially” since 2007, there is still 0.2% of public money that pours into the EU coffers from member states every year for the past decade that is unaccounted for! so those books should never have been signed off and from many British people's point of view, including mine, will not be signed off until they find out where this vast amount of money has gone! To sign them off is an insult and a travesty to all the hard working taxpayers of Europe!
Now 0.2% may not seem much but when you think that 129 billion Euros is paid in every year from member states that is one hell of a lot of money unaccounted for.

I also know that Britain pays in 13.8billion Euros in duties every year, Our national contribution is 11.3billion with a 3.6billion rebate thanks to Maggie.
I know these figures well because it sticks in my throat when I think of all the good this money could have done and will eventually do thankfully, for the people of the UK.

One good thing though is the thought that your adopted country France has to pay most of our rebate, only fair wouldn’t you think as they have been the main beneficiaries of EU policies, especially the Agricultural Policy. No wonder they went apoplectic when Maggie got our rebate and had the vapours when they heard the result of our referendum to vote to no longer act as a cash cow for others at a cost to our own citizens.
Out of all that comes the support of an entire industry, farming.
Plus support for infrastructure, for urban renewal, and between 50 and 60 billion euros in loans amassed by the UK over some years and not paid back...yet.
Not to mention the thousands of jobs generated by the EU and certainly not to forget all the trade membership brings to hundreds of thousands more people. as well as lower prices in shops for anyone who cares to buy them.

The UK is not the largest net contributor but may well recover a larger percentage than anyone else. Farmers may get more in France but there are far more of them than in the UK and they produce WAY far more.

I call that a pretty fair exchange.

Thank you for a good post.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top