Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 08:18 PM

Things we'd like to get back?

Once the UK has lefty the EU perhaps there will be a few things I'd want to get back:-

1) The Famous British Merchant Navy - currently gone because, pretty nearly, every ship is now registered in a foreign location.
I guess that has enabled the owners to get around the "Rules" (Working Hours, number of foreign staff, TAX, Health & Safety).

2) The great British Fishing Fleets - get the trawlers going again in Grimsby, Hull, etcetera!

3) Pounds & Ounces + Yards & Miles, Feet & Inches!

You have any wishes?
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 08:23 PM

Re: Things we'd like to get back?

I'll keep millimeters thanks
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 08:26 PM

Independence first and formost, not to be ruled by a foreign power.

Things like Cornish pasty- yourkshire puddings -chedder cheese etc can only be called that if made in that part of the country.

Sue and I went to thegardn centre and got some seed potatoes called "International Kidney" originally called Gersey Royals but Gersey have banned and being called that except for there.

Bring back imperial measures, I don't relate to anything metric
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 08:45 PM

Duty Free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 08:56 PM

OOooh yes Tpin, I forgot about duty free!! we will be entitled to that surely.

My wish is to have our lovely blue passports back.(never liked the colour burgundy)
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 09:05 PM

I agree get the great fishing fleets back if that means having the Fish Wifes back then so be it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 09:19 PM

The very first agenda item MUST be to properly write and legislate the British Constitution so that never again can any politician, or even the Queen sell this country to a foreign power, or its justice system.

Those who HAVE acted against the constitution should be rounded up and put through the courts on treason charges.

Re-establishment of the fishing industry should happen very quickly once we are out and Britain should establish its fishing grounds again and prevent other powers from fishing them.
We should also restore the education system which has clearly been subverted and ensure it can never again be corrupted.

The Navy should be restored to its former world leading glory but that might require some good accounting to raise the necessary funding.

The EU Water Framework Directive should be rescinded and farmers and land owners alike allowed to properly maintain, dredge and clear rivers as necessary in order to get back to a situation where a little bit of rain no longer flood houses and towns.

That'll do for starters.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 10:04 PM

Hi

I do not want us to be getting anything back at all.

The World has changed, we should accept that.

We are no longer World Leaders

We should be looking after our own, we cannot afford to be a major world player.

Those days are long gone.

We can lead the World by example, look after our own first, slash our overseas aid and restrict it to major disasters.

That is common decency, we can afford it.

We should not be giving a penny to India, Pakistan or Nigeria.

They are well capable of looking after their own.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 11:13 PM

I have been thinking of posting this for a while, and have finally been prompted to do it

Do you think we can return to proper descriptions of hill gradients, please? Like '1 in 5' and '1 in 7'
I have yet to meet anyone who understands percentages
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
I'll keep millimeters thanks
Yep, far more accurate.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top