Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 11:17 PM

Re: Things we'd like to get back?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We should not be giving a penny to India, Pakistan or Nigeria.

They are well capable of looking after their own.
Darn right !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I have been thinking of posting this for a while, and have finally been prompted to do it

Do you think we can return to proper descriptions of hill gradients, please? Like '1 in 5' and '1 in 7'
I have yet to meet anyone who understands percentages
Hi

Well 50% do understand %'s and 50% don't.

You take your choice.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 11:22 PM

Imperial for me, I would not like to be Hung Drawn and 25%ered.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
OOooh yes Tpin, I forgot about duty free!! we will be entitled to that surely.

My wish is to have our lovely blue passports back.(never liked the colour burgundy)
Me too. My passport is up next year but as soon as they bring the British passport back in again, I'll be renewing to have one.

Quick edit.

I didn't make myself very plain there, even though I probably be having the EU one next year, I'll reapply for the British one when it becomes available.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 12:02 AM

Bring back fractions! Who wants two point something or other (other numbers are available) when it's a lot easier to give a fraction. 2 1/2 is more meaningful than 2.5
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 12:23 AM

225mm just doesn't sound right......give me 9" every time.

ooops.....that doesn't sound good
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

As the actress said to the bishop
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 01:59 AM

Perhaps I should have made myself clear; I can understand percentages generally, I just don't understand how it is applied to slopes or gradients
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

and how are British scientists going to speak with other scientists?

How are tourists to the UK supposed to understand road gradients?

You won't need bigger fishing fleets because you won't be able to fish inside EU boundaries.

What difference does the colour of a passport matter???

Jeez.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The very first agenda item MUST be to properly write and legislate the British Constitution so that never again can any politician, or even the Queen sell this country to a foreign power, or its justice system.

Those who HAVE acted against the constitution should be rounded up and put through the courts on treason charges.

Re-establishment of the fishing industry should happen very quickly once we are out and Britain should establish its fishing grounds again and prevent other powers from fishing them.
We should also restore the education system which has clearly been subverted and ensure it can never again be corrupted.

The Navy should be restored to its former world leading glory but that might require some good accounting to raise the necessary funding.

The EU Water Framework Directive should be rescinded and farmers and land owners alike allowed to properly maintain, dredge and clear rivers as necessary in order to get back to a situation where a little bit of rain no longer flood houses and towns.

That'll do for starters.
I'm with realist on this one I'd add I'd like to see all our ulitities back in British hands I really object to sending money abroad when I pay my water or leccy bills.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top