Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 01:14 PM

Re: Theresa May telling the EU how it will be!

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You mean 99,999 people. I scrub bogs for a living and I guess if a disabled person was sitting on it at the time I could multi-task although admittedly I've not been cloned to cover that vast number.
Couldn't agree more !
Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Pay them a decent wage and British people will do these jobs.
Exactly !

Blimey I'm agreeing more and more these days with you two ladies
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Just how do you go about deporting 600,000 illegals with no papers and in hiding, and to where do you depot them if they are not accepted by another country.
You cannot make a person stateless.

Isn't it SO easy to give advice or find silver bullets in front of your computer?
Hi

Well your beloved France has no problem in completely ignoring the rules and deporting over 10.000 Roma who were in France legally.

Secondly, you assume they all have no papers when in fact many do.

Thirdly it is possible, in many instances to determine their origin and obtain papers for them.

Fourthly, yes I know that we cannot make a person stateless, but that is an irrelevant statement.

They are not British Citizens, have no right to remain and therefore we are not making them stateless.

There is nothing to stop us providing accommodation abroad at less than 10% of the cost of putting them in detention here.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 03:28 PM

Not true except in your own mind.

France knows where to send Roma back.

Instead of many having papers many have destroyed them to avoid deportation.

IF they came from organised places who keep records then you ay be able to trace them. Most come from chaotic places and still in a state of war. That is why they are in Europe.

Statelessness is relevant because of you deport them, where do they go? You h ave to have permission from the receiving state to send them. If you don't have it then the person is stateless. They don't belong anywhere.

Your fifth remark about providing a place for them is what Australia did...and why would it be any less expensive than running the hostels and holding centres the UK does now?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 03:44 PM

HI

The Roma were legally in France, France just deported them.

Strangely enough the EU did not get involved, but are always telling us what we can and cannot do.

As for the rest of your post, It merely shows a lack of understanding of the realities of both the practical and legal aspects of the situation.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top