Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 01:30 PM

Donald Trump Says Brexit Will Be A ‘Great Thing’ And Others Will Quit EU

Donald Trump thinks we have done the right thing and promises to get a trade deal with the UK done "quickly and properly"
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0f3b82a37c787
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 02:05 PM

Re: Donald Trump Says Brexit Will Be A ‘Great Thing’ And Others Will Quit EU

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Donald Trump thinks we have done the right thing and promises to get a trade deal with the UK done "quickly and properly"
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0f3b82a37c787
Literally just heard that on the News. Well done Trump for not sending us to 'The back of the Queue.'
gvm
Sussex, UK
gvm is male  gvm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 03:03 PM

Not sure that I like to agree with Trump, but I do about this. The EU has (had) become totally unsatisfactory - a badly thought out huge monolith which got lost in it's own maze. The only way to improve it is break it up and start from square one
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 03:12 PM

I have doubts about Trump on some issues but my goodness it seems he is our friend where leaving the EU is concerned.

I was listening to Theodore Malloch on the Today programme ..
(see below)

Meanwhile, the man tipped to become Mr Trump's ambassador to the EU has said the president-elect is committed to securing a trade deal with the UK, and preliminary talks could begin ahead of its formal departure from the 28-nation bloc.
Theodore Malloch, a professor at Henley Business School in Reading, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "If you want to facilitate something it can be done in an expeditious manner, so I would hope on the day Britain triggers Article 50 Mrs May would be able to announce we have just started discussions with the United States."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38631832

And the European Commission has said that the UK cannot start formal trade talks until it has completed its own two-year process of leaving the European Union.
..makes me feel like saying if the EU negotiators can't get on with negotiations in a timely manner once we trigger A50 we will just stop paying them and leave ...

Ok, ok I know all the aguments for not doing that but it would certainly concentrate minds not least the Germans who sell a lot of cars here when there are muttering coming from the USA about imposing a 35% tax on German cars
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN1500VJ
Germany needs to think hard about how they treat if they want their car production to prosper.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 03:19 PM

You can say what you like about Trump but he is full on for the UK.

As his mother was Scottish he probably sees himself as British in part.

I'll take all the help he is willing to give.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 04:01 PM

Trump's recently-expressed 'love' of all things British reeks of self-interest to this cynical old fart.

Strategically, how important is the UK to a gung-ho U.S. 'Commander-in-Chief' ?
How many U.S. Airforce and other military and intelligence facilities exist on British soil.
How many thousands of Yank service personnel and associated 'spooks'?
Geographically, where else could the U.S. station all these 'assets' effectively if Britain were to tell them to 'rack-off' ?

Who is always one of the first to climb on board whenever the USA launches some action anywhere in the Middle East ?

SO, he's doing a bit of 'sucking-up' - and so many Poms seem to be taken-in saying
"oh gee, look, he's a nice guy after all".

Time will tell.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Trump's recently-expressed 'love' of all things British reeks of self-interest to this cynical old fart.

Strategically, how important is the UK to a gung-ho U.S. 'Commander-in-Chief' ?
How many U.S. Airforce and other military and intelligence facilities exist on British soil.
How many thousands of Yank service personnel and associated 'spooks'?
Geographically, where else could the U.S. station all these 'assets' effectively if Britain were to tell them to 'rack-off' ?

Who is always one of the first to climb on board whenever the USA launches some action anywhere in the Middle East ?

SO, he's doing a bit of 'sucking-up' - and so many Poms seem to be taken-in saying
"oh gee, look, he's a nice guy after all".

Time will tell.
Hi

The UK is the biggest asset the USA has.

It is the biggest Aircraft Carrier that they have and it is unsinkable.

It is the home of Menwith Hill, which is the biggest Electronic Intelligence gathering facility that they have.

The USA has a vested interest in the UK.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 10:56 PM

That is all we need, goodbye any sort of integrity!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 01:16 AM

I'm glad I don't live in the UK anymore.You've all gone mad.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 10:47 AM

Where do you live?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top