Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 01:28 PM

The PMs Speech

Just watching it now and from what I am hearing it sounds good .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 02:12 PM

Re: The PMs Speech

Just listened to Mrs May's big speech setting out her objectives for Brexit negotiations. I thought it a gutsy and quite comprehensive presentation, and at least it removes many of the unknowns which have been the bane of the bremoaners for months. We now need to all get behind her on this, for I'm sure it represents much of what we leavers envisioned when we voted.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 02:15 PM

I enjoyed it, too ...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 02:45 PM

Hi

It is not the sort of strategy I envisioned, I was hoping of something along the Swiss model.

However what is done is done, so time to get on and make the best of it.

I do not have any time for those who constantly whinge about a democratic decision.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Just listened to Mrs May's big speech setting out her objectives for Brexit negotiations. I thought it a gutsy and quite comprehensive presentation, and at least it removes many of the unknowns which have been the bane of the bremoaners for months. We now need to all get behind her on this, for I'm sure it represents much of what we leavers envisioned when we voted.
Barry I have been out so have yet to hear the Prime Ministers speech in full but was impressed with the parts I heard on 'The world at one'

Well done Teresa May
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 03:23 PM

Good speech
And the pounds gone back up
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 06:22 PM

I thought the speech sounded very good, but then again she cannot say much until she triggers this Article 50 and see how it goes from there, hopefully everything she said will go right for her once the Article 50 has been triggered.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 09:21 PM

Hi

Actions speak louder than words.

Time now to get down to the nitty gritty, the myriads of mind boggling incredibly detailed boring things that need to be done.

Our Borders are wide open to illegals, we need to address that now, we do not have to wait until we leave the EU.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 09:45 PM

Very happy with Teresa May's speech.

I said in other threads in which Flicker was berating us and spreading doom and gloom, that she was stuck in a binary thought process. That the options were not simply A or B.

I said specifically that BrExit would lead to a "New Way" which would emerge from the ashes of our EU membership divorce.

Today Ms May said:

"And that is why we seek a new and equal partnership – between an independent, self-governing, Global Britain and our friends and allies in the EU.

Not partial membership of the European Union, associate membership of the European Union, or anything that leaves us half-in, half-out. We do not seek to adopt a model already enjoyed by other countries. We do not seek to hold on to bits of membership as we leave"

We couldn't ask for more imo.

We ARE going our own way, the EU WILL have to play ball and negotiate reasonable trade deals and I hear also that Mr Trump is overturning Obama's previous pathetic rhetoric when he said Britain would go to the back of the queue.
For a country that has for years stated that the US has a "special relationship" with the UK, Obama's "back of the queue" sound bites were frankly pathetic and a betrayal of years of international alliance.

Well done Trump for putting that straight.

All is going to be just fine and when other EU members see how successful and prosperous the UK will be from divorcing the corrupt EU Federation, they will themselves begin their own Exits.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

18-01-2017, 12:25 AM

Hi

A good example of where we are going wrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38597384

Fingers out time, I do not want fancy speeches, I want action.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top